The DOST-SEI Junior Level Science Scholarship is a scholarship program offered by the Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) in the Philippines. It aims to support talented and deserving students in their third year of college to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in science and technology-related fields.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
As per the announcement of DOST-SEI, to be eligible for the DOST-SEI Junior Level Science Scholarship, applicants must meet certain criteria, one must:
- be a REGULAR second year college male and female students enrolled in a DOST-SEI priority S&T course at identified universities in the Second Semester of AY 2022-2023;
- have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark from the First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear terms, if enrolled;
- be natural-born Filipino citizen;
- be of good moral character and in good health;
- may have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Scholars will receive an enticing scholarship package which include the following:
I. Regular Academic Year
- Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs) ₱40,000/ year;
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance ₱10,000/ year;
- Monthly Living Allowance ₱7,000/ month
- Transportation Allowance- (for those studying outside of home province)- 1 economy-class roundtrip fare;
- Group Health and Accident Insurance- Premium;
- Thesis Allowance ₱10,000
- Graduation Allowance ₱1,000;
II. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
- Tuition and other school fees ₱10,000;
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance ₱2,000 (outright grant);
- Monthly Living Allowance ₱7,000/ month for two months
When to apply?
- Start of Online Application Period: June 5, 2023
- Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements : July 28, 2023
- Schedule of Qualifying Examination: August 26-27, 2023
How to file your application?
All interested applicants must visit the official website of DOST-SEI via this link https://jlss.science-scholarships.ph/#/home for more details such as the step-by-step procedure, necessary documentary requirements, and priority study programs and placement.
Source: DOST-SEI https://jlss.science-scholarships.ph/#/home
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.