The Department of Health (DOH) is one of the more notable government departments here in the country. They are also the branch of the government who ensures the public’s safety in terms of health and wellness. Apparently, they offer scholarships to people who are eligible and to people who can pass the assessment.
In this article, we will give you a guide on how people can apply for the DOH medical scholarship. We will be giving you the documentary requirements you need to submit in order for you to be able to take the assessment.
What does the DOH medical scholarship cover?
The Department of Health will grant scholars who will be able to pass a package that will include the following:
- Uniform allowance – P3, 025.00 per semester
- Books allowance – P12, 100.00 per semester
- Living subsidy – P4, 500.00 per month
- Miscellaneous allowance – P5, 500.00 per semester
- Lodging – P3, 000.00 per month
- Transportation allowance – P880.00 per month
- These will automatically be paid to the scholars together with the subsidy; and
- Tuition fees, miscellaneous, laboratory, and other school fees applicable.
Read: A Guide to Getting your Philippine Passport
What are the schools where the DOH medical scholarship is applicable to?
If you think that you can study in any school you like, think again. The Department of Health have different partner schools in different regions for their medical scholarship. Refer to the table below for the schools in each region.
|Region 1||University of Northern Philippines|
|Region 2||Cagayan State University|
|Region 3||Angeles University Foundation|
|Region 5||Bicol Christian College of Medicine|
|Region 6||West Visayas State University|
|Region 7||Southwestern University Phinma;
University of Cebu College of Medicine Foundation Inc.,
|Region 8||University of the Philippines – School of Health Sciences|
|Region 10||Mindanao State University|
|Region 11||Davao Medical School Foundation;
DOH medical scholarsihp qualifications or eligibility requirements
There actually are minimum eligibility requirements for applicants who are interested in the scholarship program. They are as follows:
- The applicant must be a natural born Filipino citizen or naturalized;
- Must have passed all the admission requirements, policies and standards of the chosen school and other DOH requirements;
- Must be of good moral character; and
- The applicant must have not gotten any other scholarship grants or with an obligation of return service at the time of their application or at the same exact period.
Read: How do you Apply and Register for the CSC-Computerized Examination?
Meanwhile, the priority of the registration and application shall be given to the following people:
- Applicants who belong in the minority sector;
- Those who reside in indigenous communities and in GIDA which are certified and validated by government agencies; and
- Children and/or dependents of soldiers and police who passed while on duty or fatally wounded who have been victims of calamities.
- Applicants who are government employee dependents , traditional birth attendants (TBAs), and Barangay Health Workers.
What is the process of applying for the DOH medical scholarship?
- Applicants can apply directly to the school of choice (needs to be a DOH partner school). The partner school must be within the region or close to the province or region of residence.
- The applicants must undergo the selection and screening process. This would depend on the admission process of the partner school’s program.
- After the screening, the partner school will then endorse the scholarship applicants to the Department of Health Regional Office (DOH RO) in the region where the school is. They will evaluate and validate the application;
- The RO will then endorse the results of the validation, together with the recommendation, to the Health Human Resources Development Bureau (HHRDB) for the recommendation and approval to the pre-service scholarship committee.
- Once the HHRDB approves it, they will endorse it to the accepted and approved list of scholars to their ROs for them to be able to coordinate to the schools to allow and facilitate the enrolment.
- The partner school will now settle the scholarship and will notify the applicants on the status of their enrollment and application.
- Accepted scholars shall be enrolled accordingly and properly and the partner school must submit the list of scholars that are enrolled to both the scholarship coordinator and their respective DOH ROs.
- Lastly, the RO must then endorse this list of scholars to the HHRDB for the Department Personnel Order (DPO) issuance.
Read: 10-Day Paid Leave Being Pushed in the Senate
Are you interested in grabbing the opportunity to go to school? Do you think that you fit the requirements of the DOH medical scholarship? Do you know someone who wants to have a chance for scholarships?
If you have concerns or inquiries, you can reach out to their Career and Development Management Division (CDMD) at (02) 651 7800 local 4227 or at (02) 743-1776. Alternatively, you can shoot them an email at [email protected].
Fely Hurtado Sayoc says
Hello po how to apply scholarship program po sa medicine ? Thank you and Godbless
Marife Dupyawon says
Hi im marife dupyawon po, my anak akong incoming grade 12 paano po maka avail ng scholarship nyo po. Thank you and God bless
Mhia Enriquez says
Hi po sa Organizer po nito…
Pwede pa po ba mag apply…pangarap ko po talagang mag aral ng Medicine kaso hindi maka afford yong parenst ko po kaya sana po mabigyan nga chance….sana lang po…🙏🙏🙏
Hi po, gusto ko po talagang mag aral sa medicine but my parents can’t afford. Makaka-avail po ba ako.
Chona rodriguez says
Pwede po mag apply ang anak ko ng med scholarship nasa 3rd year level na cya taking up medical technology course, I’m a solo parent.
Joannah V. Larida says
my parents can’t afford to send me to med school but I am very determined to pursue my dreams po, pede po ba akong mag apply? 92*% po ang average ko
Marion Domoguen says
If the applicant graduated with a degree in Med. Lab Science and about to finish her Master’s, can she still pursue Medicine?
Why is this not offered in CAR particularly SLU school of Med? It is much nearer to IPs in this region…
Marilou Apin says
My eldest son really wants to pursue in medical studies however, we can not afford the very expensive expenses. He graduated scholar of CHED , can help him achieve his dream of becoming a doctor?
Yusoph Ditucalan says
Pwede PO siya under MSU?
majal petersin says
pwude po ba ang gradueted na grade 10? sana po may makasagot pls
Too difficult to finish. As an indigent person, i cant go around 2-4 regions to apply for a medschool plus the process is too long..
Maria Victoria R-Batacan says
Good day! I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy at Bicol Christian College of Medicine- 2000. Now, i am working as a Program In charge/Community-Based Rehabitation Worker to a People’ Organization serving indigent persons with disability in the community. Can i pursue my education through DOH Medical Scholar for me to serve more to the community? thank you
Thina yalong says
Does the application start 1year before they graduate? Do you have a schedule on application of students prior they graduate from their preparatory course?
Eunisa Tan. says
My son is graduating on June 27 at FEU pharmacy dept. He wanted to pursue medicine and I am a teacher in a public sch. Is there any chance for him to be one of your scholar? If ever, what will be the return service? By the way we are from region 2. Thanks and God bless.
Diane Lyn Delos Santos says
Pwede po ba umaplay ng scholarship ang anak ko, Nurding po ang kurso nya sa kasalukuyan?
Lovely Sino says
What will be the return service? Are you allowed to have residency first before or in between return service?
rachelle b. dulnuan says
what are the courses offered.
Jessa Bulan says
HBulanello how to avail the scholarship ? I would like to apply .
Nerma Estepa says
What are courses offered thanks
hajara tingkao says
.how can i apply there is no school are qualified ix region 9
Good day! Pwede po ba mag apply ng scholar kasi para my pan dagdag pambayad school po? At kung pwede po , pwede poba malaman kung ano mga requirements salamat po
Jenelyn Dela Cruz says
Hi maam/sir how to avail scholarship po? Gusto ko din pong makapagtapos ng med course po.