Our dearest President Rodrigo Duterte has made a lot of positive modifications and changes in both local workers and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). One of the most notable things is that his idea of prevailing the OFW ID cards. In this article, we will be discussing what an OFW ID card is, how it benefits OFWs and how it can change the economy of our country.
Before we start, let’s look at some of the occurrences revolving this certain situation.
Silvestre Bello III, Secretary of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), said that this is the specific card for OFWs. This will start a centralized system where it will have a list of names of OFWs for a simplified and an easier system. Bello said that he truthfully praises President Duterte for giving this timely and for OFWs to have easier accesses to their benefits.
Read: Philippine National ID: How can you Get your Phil ID?
Originally, the process was supposed to undergo a testing phase which will run for three (3) months. The testing phase would have been the stage wherein the agency will observe and check its usage and in the event that modifications should be there, that’s the perfect time for those. Since this card is going to be centralized, it will be an automatic immigration and airport pass for OFWs and an automated employment certificate (OEC).
Is there a fee when OFWs get their OFW ID cards?
Good news because applying for the OFW ID card doesn’t have any fees and charges. Yes, OFWs can get it for free! Other than the fact that it’s a free document, our dearest OFWs can claim it because the process is convenient and easy!
Read: PRC Board Examination Online Application: A Detailed Guide
What are the steps in order for OFWs to get their OFW ID cards?
To start, if you are currently an OFW, then your name will automatically be listed in the official OFW list. So, DOLE is aware that you are an OFW and that they will be processing your name without any problems.
OFWs don’t need to be in long lines because the card will be sent to the address you supplied in your iDOLE card. So, let’s take a step back and discuss how you can get your iDOLE card.
- Proceed to the nearest DOLE office in your location. Bring two (2) valid IDs or proofs of identity. See the list of Valid IDs in the Philippines
- Alternatively, you can also bring your OEC or certificate of employment.
- Head to the Officer-in-charge and submit the requirements to the application of the iDOLE card.
- Your name wil be called by the officials there. It usually takes an hour up to two (2) hours for your name to be called.
- Lastly, proceed to the window where the iDOLE card gets released.
Now that you have your iDOLE card, you can now apply for the OFW Id card. Religiously follow these steps:
- Visit the DOLE website (iDOLE.ph). This is their online facility which you can make certain inquiries and transactions. Yes, you’ve guessed it, it’s also where OFWs can get their OFW ID cards; the first step in processing it.
- Create an account in the website. If you already have credentials, just log-in to it.
- It will ask you for a valid OEC number. If you have it, use that in order for you to sign-in properly and appropriately.
- Once in, you will see the iDOLE one stop shop button. Click on that and choose the delivery type you wish to have. Alternatively, you can select the option to pick it up in the nearest POEA location from your address.
- Click on the “proceed” button and a reference number will be generated. This is what you’ll have to use when you claim your card.
- You just have to wait for the notification that your OFW ID card is ready for pick up. Proceed to the location you’ve put in and you’ll be able to get it in a jiffy.
Read: Who are Exempted in taking the Civil Service Exam – Complete List
Are you an OFW and you’re wondering how you can get your OFW ID card? Do you know someone who might need these relevant information? This might not seem a lot but this change can actually give benefit to OFWs.
- This card can be used as the sole card for making government transactions for OFWs. No need to haggle for different types of IDs, this is enough.
- While in the Philippines, OFWs can utilize this ID as a valid primary ID because of hte fact that it serves as a digital OEC number of an OFW.
- Utilizing this card can lessen and shorten transactions in government agencies because of the fact that less to none background checking will be present.
OFWs can get their OFW ID cards as easy as this! So do you know someone who might find this useful? Spread this now and help a fellow Filipino!
Hello, how we can apply kung wala naman po kaki diyan sa Pilipinas.. Paano po yun?