The Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) Scholarship Program for Master’s and Doctorate Degrees is a prestigious opportunity for aspiring scholars to pursue advanced education in the fields of science and technology.
Under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME), DOST-SEI and the National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (NCGSME) provide this scholarship to deserving male and female applicants for master’s and doctoral degrees in science and mathematics education.
The DOST-SEI Scholarship Program is a beacon of hope for talented and passionate individuals who aspire to become experts in their chosen scientific or technological disciplines. It is a manifestation of the Philippine government’s commitment to nurturing the country’s intellectual capital and driving innovation. By supporting scholars in their Master’s and Doctorate degrees, the program not only empowers individuals but also contributes to the nation’s overall development.
Being a DOST-SEI scholar is not just about financial support; it is a privilege and a responsibility. Scholars are expected to maintain excellent academic standing, conduct research that contributes to national development, and participate in various activities aimed at nurturing their scientific and technological expertise.
This DOST-SEI Scholarship Program for Master’s and Doctorate Degrees is a remarkable initiative that paves the way for the future leaders of science and technology in the Philippines. It provides not only financial support but also mentorship, research opportunities, and a network of like-minded individuals.
As the application window opens for the Second Semester of Academic Year 2023-2024, aspiring scholars should seize this opportunity to pursue their academic dreams and contribute to the advancement of their nation through science and technology. The program is a testament to the government’s commitment to building a brighter future for the Philippines through education and innovation.
What are the components of the scholarship?
- Master’s in Mathematics / Science Education
- Doctoral in Mathematics / Science Education
Who can apply for the scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health and of good moral character;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
- have at least two years teaching experience in science and mathematics for Doctoral; or at least one year teaching experience or have graduated with academic honors or graduated as DOST scholar for Master’s.
If employed: Allowed to study full-time for two or three years (Residential Mode) and part-time for six years at UPOU (Distance Education Mode); and
For employees of the DepEd: Officially endorsed by DepEd (Signed Form 2A by Division Superintendent and Regional Director)
- must have been in service for at least five (5) years;
- must have at least Very Satisfactory performance rating for the last two (2) years;
For employed non-DepEd applicants: Certificate of Employment, Permit to Study (Signed Form 2B by the Head of the University);
- not a recipient of other scholarship; and
- willing to accept the terms and conditions specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Who else may apply?
- PhD graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second PhD degree; and
- MS/PhD non-scholar graduate (not S&T related) who intends to pursue a second MS/PhD degree.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
One of the most compelling aspects of the DOST-SEI Scholarship Program is its comprehensive coverage. The scholarship shall cover the actual tuition and other school fees, monthly stipend, learning materials and connectivity allowance, transportation allowance, group accident and health insurance, thesis or dissertation allowance, research grant, dissemination grant and mentor’s fee.
How to file your application?
The application process for the DOST-SEI Scholarship Program is a rigorous yet rewarding journey. Interested individuals must visit the official website of DOST-SEI via this LINK for more comprehensive details about the scholarship.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
- 2023 CHED Scholarship Program For Master’s Degree: Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Postgraduate Scholarship of The Chulabhorn Royal Academy