The ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship programme is a partnership between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Secretariat. It is one of the ASEAN-level initiatives undertaken by Maybank Foundation, a newly accredited ASEAN entity, with the aim to “promote an innovative ASEAN approach to higher education”, which is one of the strategic measures listed in the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025.
The scholarship programme is designed to provide young, talented and deserving ASEAN nationals with full scholarships to pursue their undergraduate programme at a prestigious university outside their own countries, but within the ASEAN region, and in the process promote intra-ASEAN integration.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
To be eligible for the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship, applicants must meet all the below requirements:
- A citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states (that include the Philippines)
- Possess excellent academic qualifications and is active in extracurricular activities
- Graduated with a pre-university study with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent
- Field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme
- Received admission letter or letter of offer from a university within the ASEAN University Network membership
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
The scholarship package includes:
- Fully paid tuition fees.
- Allowance for monthly stipend + accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy class air passage.
DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES & INTERNSHIP:
Recipients of the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship will have the chance to experience thrilling internship opportunities. Scholars can have internship and holiday break assignment programmes at the ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN Foundation, or Maybank offices regionally, as well as participate as volunteers in Maybank and Maybank Foundation’s existing flagship programmes regionally.
Upon graduation, scholars will serve a 3-year bond at either Maybank, the ASEAN Secretariat, or ASEAN Foundation.
SPONSORED PROGRAMMES INCLUDE:
Data Science, Economics
Future Ready Related Course (For Example: Computer Programming, Web Development, Software Development, Mobile Application Development, UI / UX Design, Data Science, etc.)
How to file your application?
For all interested applicants, click here to apply for the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship 2023: https://forms.gle/FeMVs94bZSxrCW4KA.
For more details visit Maybank Foundation via this link: https://www.maybankfoundation.com/index.php/what-we-do/our-pillars/education/item/asean-maybank-scholaship-programme.
Note: Potential scholars will undergo a rigorous selection process. Maybank Foundation & ASEAN Foundation will jointly screen shortlisted candidates and make the final selection for approval.
Source: ASEAN Maybank Foundation
- 2023 Global Korea Scholarship Program for Graduate Degrees is now open for applications
- Spain is offering scholarships for qualified Filipino civil servants to pursue postgraduate studies in the country
- New Zealand Manaaki Scholarship Application is now open until February 28, 2023