In the dynamic landscape of scientific and technological advancements, governments play a pivotal role in fostering innovation and research. The Ministry of Science and Technology’s initiative in the form of the BASE and BASE-MERIT programs stands as a testament to their commitment to propelling into a future driven by cutting-edge discoveries. As the calendar year 2024 unfolds, the doors are now open for researchers and innovators to participate in these transformative programs.
Types Of Scholarships:
1.BANGSAMORO ASSISTANCE FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION (BASE)
The MOST BARMM BANGSAMORO ASSISTANCE for SCIENCE EDUCATION (BASE) is awarded to deserving student of Senior High School graduate class to enable him/her to pursue higher education or training in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
2.BANGSAMORO ASSISTANCE FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION (BASE)- MERIT
The BANGSAMORO ASSISTANCE FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION -MERIT is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue highly technical courses in the fields of science and technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Call For Applications: KCC Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program Is Now Accepting Applicants For SY 2024-2025
Who can apply for the scholarships?
- Natural-born Filipino citizen and a resident of BARMM
- Member of the STEM strand Senior High School graduating class with 85% GWA during the Grade 12 of 1st semester;
- For Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class; 90% GWA during the Grade 12 of 1st semester;
- Not a recipient of other scholarship programs
- Of good moral character and in good health;
- Do not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units; and
- Passed the BASE/BASE-MERIT qualifying examination.
- Must be enrolled in the BASE/ BASE-MERIT S&T priority Courses.
- Good News For MEXT Aspirants: 2024 Japanese Government Scholarship Programs Are Now Open For Applications
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
The Qualified awardees will receive a monthly cash assistance amounting to (Php 8,000.00) for BASE and (Php 20,000.00) for BASE-MERIT. The money shall be deposited on the awardee’s bank account every last week of the month from the starting month of the 1st semester, class of school year. The grantee shall receive a total amount of Eighty Thousand Pesos (Php 80,000.00) per annum for BASE and Two Hundred Thousand Pesos (P200,000.00) to cover the following;
- School Fees – Tuition and other school fees.
- Book Allowance -For prescribed textbooks and essential school supplies to be released as outright grant;
- Transportation Expenses
- Clothing Allowance – The cost of Physical
Education and school uniform; and
- Monthly Living Allowance
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2024
How to file your application?
For all interested applicants, kindly visit Ministry of Science and Technology’s website via this LINK.
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.