The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) plays a vital role in the Philippine criminal justice system, ensuring the safe and humane confinement of individuals in detention facilities across the country. The call to “Make a Difference” echoes loudly as the BJMP opens its doors for the recruitment of Jail Officer 1 (JO1) positions in 2024.
Mission of the BJMP:
The BJMP is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the welfare of persons deprived of liberty. Aspiring to be a BJMP officer means aligning oneself with the mission of promoting a secure and rehabilitative environment within correctional facilities. By choosing this noble profession, individuals commit to making a positive impact on the lives of detainees, fostering their rehabilitation, and maintaining the safety and security of the community.
Professional Development and Training:
The BJMP provides comprehensive training programs to equip officers with the necessary skills and knowledge. Aspiring JO1s undergo rigorous training that covers various aspects of correctional management, crisis intervention, and community engagement. This training not only prepares officers for the challenges they may face but also fosters personal and professional growth.
Community Engagement and Rehabilitation:
Beyond confinement, BJMP officers actively engage with the community to promote awareness and understanding of the correctional system. Becoming a BJMP officer means becoming an ambassador for rehabilitation and reintegration, fostering a sense of responsibility and accountability in detainees. The impact of these efforts extends beyond the prison walls, contributing to the creation of a safer and more compassionate society.
Diversity and Inclusivity:
The BJMP values diversity and inclusivity, creating a workplace that welcomes individuals from all backgrounds. By joining the BJMP, aspiring officers become part of a community that embraces differences and works towards a common goal. This inclusivity not only enriches the work environment but also strengthens the effectiveness of correctional practices.
Opportunities for Advancement:
The BJMP offers ample opportunities for career advancement. Starting as a JO1 opens doors to various specialized roles within the organization. Officers can pursue further education and training, enhancing their expertise and contributing to the continuous improvement of the correctional system. This career path offers a dynamic and fulfilling journey for those seeking professional growth.
The call to “Make a Difference, Be a BJMP Officer” is an invitation to individuals who aspire to contribute to the betterment of society through public service. As the BJMP opens its doors for JO1 applicants in 2024, it presents a unique opportunity for individuals to join a noble profession committed to upholding justice, rehabilitation, and community safety. Embracing this calling means not only becoming a part of the BJMP family but also actively participating in the transformation of lives and the creation of a more just and compassionate society.
- Apply Now: Department Of Environment And National Resources Cordillera Administrative Region (DENR-CAR) Regional And Field Offices Is Hiring
Who may qualify as Jail Officer I?
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning;
- Must possess the appropriate eligibility (Second Level eligibilities: CSE-Professional, RA 1080, and Penology Officer Examination, etc);
- Must not have been dishonorably disharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must not be less than 21 nor more than 30 years of age;
- Must be at least 5’2″ (1.57m) in height for male, and 5’0″ (1.52m) for female; and
- Must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
- PHILIPPINE STATISTICS AUTHORITY IS HIRING: Call For Applicants For Vacant Positions At The Central And Field Offices (First And Second Level Positions And Contractual)
Step 1: Opening Date of Recruitment Process/ Announcement and dissemination of vacancies for JO1 positions
Step 2: Pooling of applicants (preliminary interview and assessment / evaluation of documents / initial medical evaluation
Step 3: Entry-Level Examination (EnLEx) and Conduct of Background Investigation
Note: Regions with insufficient number of applicants can schedule another EnLEx (AAR should be submitted)
Step 4: Neuro-Psychiatric Examination
Step 5: Panel Interview
Step 6: Finalization of the Order of Merit and Announcement of applicants for Medical Evaluation
Step 7: Physical / Medical Evaluation
Step 8: Final Board Deliberation
Step 9: Oath Taking and Recognition of Appointees
How to file your application?
For interested applicants, you may submit your application to the BJMP Regional Office near you.
To acces the BJMP Regional Offices directory, click the MENU button after clicking this link https://www.bjmp.gov.ph/index.php/careers/recruitments# and tap OFFICES/UNITS.
Disclaimer: All of our job hiring articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.