Good news for all of the scholarship hunters! Another scholarship has been opened by the Department of Health (DOH) namely Pre-Service Scholarship Program for Priority Allied Health Courses in Medical Technology, Pharmacy, and Diploma in Midwifery for the year 2023.
This image was taken from DOH Facebook account.
According to the DOH, they are implementing this program to give scholarships to incoming students studying medicine and midwifery in DOH Partner Schools.
Because the DOH believes that “A bright future awaits to deserving and aspiring students committed to serve the Filipino people towards health for all”.
Below are the information posted by the DOH in their Facebook account regarding the qualifications, benefits, and application process. Please be guided accordingly.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
All interested applicants must meet the following qualifications below as stated by the DOH:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Students of moral character
- Graduate of secondary education (high school or senior high school whichever is applicable)
- Prefence shall be given applicants from:
- Low income families
- Geographically isolated disadvantaged municipalities/ provinces or from top 20 poorest provinces/municipalities/cities
- Indigenous communities/minority sects
- Children/dependents of government employees, victims of calamity/tragedy, police/military injured/fatally wounded while on duty, Barangay Health Workers/traditional birth attendants/with chronic diseases
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
The accepted scholars shall be entitled to the following privileges:
MIDWIFERY scholars shall received a total and annual allowance of P235,200 which shall cover tuition fee (P50,000), uniform (P6,000), miscellaneous (P14,000), living expenses (P67,200), board and lodging (60,000), and transportation (P18,000).
Meanwhile, MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY and PHARMACY scholars shall received a total and annual allowance of P267,200 which shall cover tuition fee (P80,000), uniform (P6,000), miscellaneous (P14,000), living expenses (P67,200), board and lodging (60,000), and transportation (P18,000).
Note: The scholars shall have a Return Service Obligation amounting to one (1) year of service per every year of scholarship availed to be rendered DOH identified priorty areas.
How to file your application?
All interested applicants must follow the application process specified by the DOH as screenshoted below:
These images were taken from the DOH website.
Source: Department of Health
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
- BASE AND BASE-MERIT Scholarship Program SY 2023-2024 is still open until March 30, 2023
- Charity First Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Application for S.Y 2023-2024 is now open
- Lankbank of the Philippines has launched a new scholarship program namely “Iskolar Ng Landbank” Program 2023