The OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP) for the school year 2023-2024 serves as a beacon of hope for the families of overseas Filipino workers.
By extending financial support, mentorship, and guidance, the program seeks to alleviate the educational burdens faced by OFW families and empower the dependents to pursue their dreams.
The ODSP is not only an investment in the education of individuals but also a commitment to nation-building and the realization of a better future.
As the program unfolds, it is expected to foster academic excellence, nurture talents, and contribute to the overall development of the country.
With the ODSP, education becomes a transformative force that empowers OFW families and paves the way for a brighter tomorrow.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
A scholarship program that offers financial assistance amounting to Php 20,000 per school year to qualified dependents of OFWs who receive a monthly salary of not more than US $600.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
A child of an active OWWA member or a sibling of a single active OWWA member who is:
- Incoming Freshmen (1st year college);
- Grade 11 graduate (Incoming Grade 12 / currently enrolled as Grade 12);
- Not more than 21 years old;
- With a passing grade ;
For those who are already enrolled in 2nd year to 5th year in college
- Not more than 30 years old:
- With a passing grade;
Note: Applicant is not a recipient of any OWWA or other scholarship grant
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
One shall prepare:
- Scholarship Application Form- OWWA RWO
- OFW Membership Record-OWWA RWO
- 2 pcs. I.D. Picture with name tagGovernment Issued or Company Issued I.D- Applicant
- At least one (1) valid I.D. of OFW member and/or Authorized Representative- Government Issued or Company Issued I.D
- Proof of Relationship to OFW Member i.e. Birth Certificate from PSA or LCR- Philippine Statistics Authority or
Local Civil Registrar
- OFW Birth Certificate, if dependent is sibling
- OFW CENOMAR, if single
Dependent’s Birth Certificate
- Dependent’s Form 137/ Certified true copy of Form 138/ Transcript of Records (TOR) indicating 80% GWA without failing grades- School Registrar
- Other Special Requirements (WAIVED DUE TO PANDEMIC): School Registrar or Authorized School Officer/Faculty, Any competent Medical Practitioner from public or private medical institution/facility
- Certificate of Good Moral
- Medical Certificate i.e. Physically Fit to attend school if student has a medical pre-condition/s
How to file your application?
Step 1: Go to the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
Step 2: Obtain queuing number or queue in the line for ODSP scholarship application.
Step 3: Get Notice of Award and Schedule of Scholarship Orientation
Step 4: Appear to the Scholarship Orientation and Facilitate Notarization of Scholarship Agreement.
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.