Heads up to all those who want to learn new experiences! You can now take free courses from UP Open University and include it as 16 hours of training on your CV. Well, you should always schedule time for learning and personal growth, right?
Even when you’re at home, you might want to think about enrolling in short courses if you want to learn more about something or simply keep your skills and knowledge up to date.
You can take 23 short courses from the UP Open University at your own speed and without paying a fee, along with five extra multimedia creation courses.
“At the end of each course, e-certificates will be awarded to course completers, which you may include in your resume as a 16-hour training,” the UPOU said.
What are the free courses available?
Below are the courses interested individuals may take:
- February: Gender Sensitivity Training, Basics of Graphics Design
- March: Introduction to Open and Distance eLearning (ODel), Strategic Planning in ODel, Understanding the Child Better, Introduction to Technology for Teaching and Learning
- April: Scriptwriting for a Video Material, Quality Assurance in ODel, Crisis Management and Foresight Planning
- May: Learning Support in ODel, Teaching and Learning with Modern ICTs, Social Entrepreneurship
- June: Blended Teaching and Learning Using OERs, Legal Instruments for the Protection of Children
- July: Introduction to Open and Distance eLearning (ODel), Strategic Planning in ODel, Business Analytics Concepts and Frameworks, Basic Animation Using Powtoon
- August: Quality Assurance in ODel, Learner Support in ODel
- September: Introduction to Technology for Teaching and Learning, Institutional Mechanism Towards Child Rights Protection and Promotion, Planning Programs on Child Rights Protection and Promotion
- October: Teaching and Learning with Modern ICTs, Developing and Producing an Interactive, Educational Video Material, Video Editing Using an Open-Source Video Editing Software
- November&December: Blended Teaching and Learning Using OERs, Implementing and Evaluating Programs for Child Rights
How to enroll for the free courses?
To enroll, you must create a MODeL (Massive Open Distance eLearning) account by performing the actions listed below, as directed by the UPOU, in order to register for the courses.
Step 1: Create a user account here https://model.upou.edu.ph/login/signup.php.
Step 2: Complete all needed fields truthfully.
Step 3: Press the “Create My New Account” button.
Step 4: You will receive an email asking you to validate your account.
Step 5: You can now log in, now that your account has been verified.
“Using your MODeL account, browse through the featured courses section and select the courses you want to enroll in when they open in February,” the UPOU added.
Since it was founded, the University of the Philippines Open University has provided online teaching and learning. It “continues to play a leadership role in the study and practice of open learning and distance education in the Philippines” and provides courses in a variety of formats and styles.
Source: PhilStar Life
Leave a Reply