Japan, renowned for its rich cultural heritage, advanced technology, and world-class education, has long been a top destination for international students pursuing higher education.
The 2024 Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) offers an unparalleled opportunity for students from Asian and Pacific countries to earn a master’s degree in Japan, covering not only tuition fees but also providing a generous stipend and support for research and academic pursuits.
The ADB-JSP, established in partnership between the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the government of Japan, aims to promote human capital development in the Asia-Pacific region.
It offers full scholarships to outstanding students from ADB’s member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in various fields at top universities in Japan. The program primarily focuses on disciplines related to economic development and public policy.
- Apply Now: Thailand Scholarship Program For Bachelor’s Studies For Second Semester Of Academic Year 2023
One of the most compelling reasons to consider the ADB-JSP is the extensive financial support it provides to its scholars. The scholarship covers all tuition fees, ensuring that students can focus on their studies without worrying about the cost of education.
Additionally, scholars receive a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, accommodation, and other costs associated with studying in Japan.
- Apply Now: DOST-SEI Scholarship Program For Master’s And Doctorate Degrees For Second Semester AY 2023-2024
Furthermore, the program offers additional financial support for research and academic activities, including conference attendance and fieldwork. This backing allows scholars to engage in cutting-edge research and gain valuable practical experience, making the ADB-JSP a holistic opportunity for academic and personal growth.
Japan is renowned for its world-class universities and academic excellence. By pursuing a master’s degree in Japan through the ADB-JSP, students gain access to a vibrant learning environment that fosters innovation and intellectual growth. They have the chance to study under the guidance of renowned professors and researchers, tapping into Japan’s rich academic heritage.
Beyond academic benefits, studying in Japan offers a unique cultural experience. Scholars get to immerse themselves in a society known for its tradition, innovation, and hospitality. Learning the Japanese language and experiencing the local culture can be a rewarding aspect of the scholarship program, enriching scholars both personally and professionally.
The ADB-JSP also provides an excellent opportunity for scholars to network with fellow students, academics, and professionals from diverse backgrounds. These connections can prove invaluable in building a global network for future collaborations and career opportunities. Japan’s role as an economic and technological powerhouse adds to the appeal of these networking prospects.
One of the core principles of the ADB-JSP is a commitment to development in the Asia-Pacific region. Scholars are expected to return to their home countries after completing their studies and contribute to the development of their nations. By doing so, they help foster sustainable growth and poverty reduction in their communities, aligning with the ADB’s mission.
The 2024 Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program is a golden opportunity for students aspiring to pursue a master’s degree in Japan. The comprehensive financial support, access to high-quality education, cultural enrichment, and networking opportunities make it an attractive choice for those looking to further their academic and professional careers.
Moreover, the scholarship program’s commitment to fostering development in the Asia-Pacific region ensures that its impact extends beyond the individual scholar, contributing to the betterment of society as a whole. So, for those with a passion for learning, a desire for cultural exploration, and a commitment to making a positive impact, the ADB-JSP offers an unforgettable journey toward a brighter future.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
The candidate should:
- be a national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship eligible country (Including Philippines)
- not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- have gained admission to an approved master’s course at a Designated Institution;
- hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record;
- have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. The candidate must have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- not be more than 35 years old at the time of application, unless waived in exceptional cases with the expressed endorsement of the Government of Japan
- be in good health;
- agree to return and work in his/her home country for at least two (2) years after completion of studies under the Program in order to contribute to its development;
- not be an Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management, staff and consultants of ADB, or the close relatives of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: spouse, mother, stepmother, father, stepfather, sister, stepsister, brother, stepbrother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew;
- not be staff of ADB–JSP Designated Institutions;
- not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country; and
- not be already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
The ADB–JSP provides:
- full tuition fees;
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance;
- an allowance for books and instructional materials;
- medical insurance;
- travel expenses;
Note: For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
The scholarship is for one (1) year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute.
The maximum duration of scholarship award is two (2) years for masters program.
What are the programs covered under the scholarship?
Programs covered by the ADB–JSP are postgraduate studies in:
- natural resource management;
- science and technology;
- other development-related fields.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2023.
How to file your application?
If interested, please carefully read the detailed announcement of Asian Development Bank via this link: https://www.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/exam/master/foreign_research_students/adb_jsp/.
Source: Asian Development Bank
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
- 2023 CHED Scholarship Program For Master’s Degree: Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Postgraduate Scholarship of The Chulabhorn Royal Academy