The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology is an attached agency of the Department of the Interior and Local Government mandated to direct, supervise and control the administration and operation of all district, city and municipal jails in the Philippines with pronged tasks of safekeeping and development of its inmates, officially classed as persons deprived of liberty (PDL).
The BJMP operates and maintains Regional Offices in each of the administrative regions of the country, headed by a Regional Director for Jail Management and Penology, with the rank of at least Senior Superintendent. The Regional Director is assisted by an Assistant Regional Director for Administration, Assistant Regional Director for Operations, and Regional Chief of Directorial Staff, who are all officers with the rank of at least Superintendent.
Interestingly, The BJMP NCR opens applications for those interested to be a part of their team as Jail Officers for 2023, this is your chance to pursue a secure job in the government at the same time help people behind bars to become better persons.
What are the Benefits?
As a Jail Officer 1 in BJMP, you will receive a base pay of P29,668 per month (salary grade 10) and gross monthly salary of P37,448 per month. Moreover, you shall receive an allowance, medical and dental benefits, longevity pay, etc. A hazard pay of P540 a month is also given.
What are the qualifications?
No person shall be appointed as Uniformed Personnel of the BJMP unless he/she possesses the following minimum qualifications:
- A Citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A Person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning;
- Must possess the appropriate civil service eligibility;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged of dismissal for cause from previous employment;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age. Provided, that a waiver for age requirement shall be automatically granted to applicants belonging to the cultural communities;
- Must be at least one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m) in height for male, and one meter and fifty-two centimeters (1.52m) for female: provided that a waiver for height requirement shall be granted to applicants belonging to the cultural communities; and
- Must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
- Duly Accomplished Personal Data
- Sheet (CS Form 212, 2017) download
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued from PSA
- Authenticated Diploma
- Authenticated Transcript of Records
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating (with photocopy of PRC ID)
- Photocopy of Marriage Certificate from PSA (if applicable)
- Photocopy of NBI Clearance
- Photocopy of Police Clearance
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance
- Photocopy of Court Clearances
Regional Trial Court Clearance
Municipal Trial Court Clearance
- Photocopy of PNP Directorate for Intelligence Clearance
- Photocopy of National Commission on Indigenous People (NCIP)/ Office on Muslim Affairs (OMA) certification (if applicable)
How to Apply?
Join the BJMP force by filling out the link below.
IMPORTANT: Per Section 2 (Declaration of Policy) of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, it is the policy of the State to protect the fundamental human right of privacy, of communication while ensuring the free flow of information to promote innovation and growth. The State recognizes the vital role of information and communications technology in nation-building and its inherent obligation to ensure that personal information in information and communications systems in the government and in the private sector are secured and protected.
As such, information collected from this form shall be held in strict confidence and shall only be used solely for records keeping purposes. Falsification of any of the information will automatically disqualify the applicants.
ONLY applicants who filled out the link and submitted their application folders to BJMP NCR Regional Office will be scheduled for initial assessment. The deadline of submission is until JANUARY 31, 2023 ONLY!
Note: Applicants should pass the initial assessment, after that, they will be scheduled for an initial medical exam to be conducted at the BJMP Regional Office NCR. Schedules will be posted in the recruitment page. Once an applicant will be scheduled for the initial medical exam, kindly bring the original copies of requirements for further assessment and validation.
Address: 86 BLBC Building, Congressional Avenue Project 8, Brgy. Bahay Toro, Quezon City
Source: BJMP NCR Recruitment
[email protected] says
How to apply jail officer i?