Calling all aspiring doctors nationwide! There was a memorandum released on March 07, 2023 by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) inviting qualified and prospective students to apply for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) for Doctor of Medicine program for the first semester of AY 2023-2024.
In case you missed it, this scholarship program conforms to the pertinent provisions of Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, also known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan” Act.
- CHED Scholarship Program for Future Statisticians (Estatistikolar) A.Y 2023-2024 is now accepting applications
The initiative will support deserving students in obtaining the medical education and training they need to eventually provide services in public hospitals in their hometowns or in any other municipality in their province.
By offering high-quality basic, promotional, preventative, and curative health care services in every municipality across the country, particularly in the underserved and geographically challenged areas, the program also guarantee the availability of doctors.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
As per the memorandum, interested applicants must:
- be a Filipino citizen living in the Philippines;
be a graduating student or a graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a Doctor of Medicine degree and currently enrolled in Doctor of Medicine degree, from any HEIs duly recognized by the CHED, including a direct entrant to the integrated liberal arts and medicine (INTARMED) program who satisfactorily completes the first two (2) years of the program: provided, that deserving incoming second-year medical students and those in the higher year levels of the Doctor of Medicine program shall also be covered, as long as they have complied with the academic requirements and retention policies of the school in the past terms preceding their scholarship application;
have passed the entrance examinations and complied with other related requirements for admission into a Doctor of Medicine degree in the chosen SUCs/PHEIs where the scholar intends to enroll or is currently enrolled;
This image was taken from CHED’s memorandum.
- have obtained a National Medical Admission test score mandated by CHED and required by the educational institution where the student intends to enroll in.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Scholars shall be entitled to the following priveleges:
- Free tuition and other school fees;
- Allowance for prescribed books supplies and equipment;
- Clothing or uniform allowance;
- Allowance for dormitory or boarding house accommodation;
- Transportation allowance;
- Internship fees;
- Medical board review fees;
- Licensure fees;
- Annual medical insurance;
- Other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living expenses.
Application Deadline of Applicants to the SUCs/PHEIs is on May 31, 2023.
How to file your application?
The CHED/CHED Regional Office and State Universities and Colleges(SUCs)/ Partner Higher Educational Institutions(PHEIs) together with other stakeholders are the ones who are responsible for the application, necessary documentary requirements, selection process and general provisions of the program. Kindly coordinate with the respective entities.
- Civil Service Commission, Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges, renew scholarship program named “Pamanang Lingkod-Bayan Iskolarsyip”
For the full memorandum issued by CHED, see here:
Source: St. Paul University Philippines
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.