The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship Program is a scholarship initiative offered by CIMB Group, one of the leading ASEAN banks. The scholarship program is designed to support outstanding individuals from ASEAN countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines who aspire to pursue their undergraduate and master’s studies at top universities abroad.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- Note that in order to be considered in the scholarship, you must meet certain eligibilities required by CIMB. One must:
- be a citizen of either Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines.
- aspire to pursue a career in the financial and banking industry.
- be about to start their undergraduate degree or Master’s programme or those who have already started and have a minimum of one full academic year remaining.
- have a min. CGPA of 3.25/4.0 score or equivalent with excellent academic track record and active in curricular activities.
- not be a recipient of any other scholarship that comes with contractual obligations such as a service bond.
What are the available study programs?
CIMB accepts applications from students in a wide range of academic fields since it recognizes the constantly changing nature of the banking sector which include:
- Business & marketing
- Sciences & engineering
- Social sciences and digital; and
- Data related courses.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees, including registration, examination and tuition fees, as well as living allowance. Other miscellaneous expenses related to airfare, visa/travel documents will also be subsidised. There is also a chance for you to launch your career with CIMB. Internships and post-graduation employment opportunities are included.
How to file your application?
All applicants will go through five stages which are as follow:
STAGE 1: All applications are screened to ensure that the basic eligibility criteria are fulfilled.
STAGE 2: Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in CIMB’s online assessments.
STAGE 3: Shortlisted applicants will participate in our CIMB ASEAN Scholarship Assessment Centre.
STAGE 4: Shortlisted applicants will meet with a panel of interviewers.
STAGE 5: Shortlisted applicants will undergo a final interview with CIMB Group’s senior management team.
Note: As per CIMB, only shortlisted applicants will be notified. If you are shortlisted, we will get in touch with you via the email address provided in your online application. During application, kindly ensure that all contact details provided are accurate.
For inquiries and concerns kindly contact CIMB at [email protected].
For more details about the scholarship, you may visit CIMB at https://www.cimb.com/en/careers/students/cimb-asean-scholarship.html
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
Leave a Reply