The Rotary Peace Fellowship Program is a prestigious program that is designed to provide individuals with the opportunity to pursue a fully-funded graduate degree or certificate in peace and conflict resolution. The program is sponsored by Rotary International, which is a global network of community leaders and volunteers who work to address some of the world’s most pressing humanitarian challenges.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship Program is open to individuals who have a strong commitment to peace and conflict resolution and who have demonstrated leadership potential in their respective fields. The program is available to candidates from around the world, and it offers two types of fellowships:
Master’s degree fellowship: This fellowship provides funding for a two-year master’s degree program in one of the Rotary Peace Centers located at leading universities around the world.
Professional development certificate fellowship: This fellowship provides funding for a three-month professional development certificate program at the Rotary Peace Center in Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are passionate about peace and conflict resolution to gain the skills and knowledge they need to make a difference in their communities and beyond.
Who can apply for the fellowships?
If you are interested with these fellowships, make sure that you possess the qualifications specified below. One must:
- be proficient in English;
- have an extraordinary record of building projects;
- be able to exhibit their academic achievements as well as the record of personal or community service;
- have completed their bachelor’s degree (students pursuing a master’s degree);
- have at least three years of relevant experience is required starting from the date of their most recent degree to the start of the fellowship program (for master’s students);
- Candidates currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are not eligible;
- The candidates applying for the certificate program must have fulfilled all the above requirements; however, the experience required for these candidates is five years;
- The certificate candidates must be able to explain their plan of action;
- Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply;
- The candidates who have attended a certificate program or a global grant scholarship must have a three-year gap before applying for a master’s under this fellowship;
- Active Rotary members, employees of the Rotary Club, Rotary International, or other Rotary entities are ineligible.
What are the benefits under the fellowship?
The Rotary Peace Fellowship Program covers tuition fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, health insurance, and other expenses related to the fellowship. In addition, fellows have access to a network of Rotary Peace Alumni, who provide support and mentorship throughout their careers
Rotary Peace Centers:
Rotary Peace Centers offering the Master’s Program is located at:
- The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia;
- University of Bradford, Bradford, England;
- International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan;
- Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden;
- Duke University and the University of North Carolina, Durham and Chapel Hill, USA.
Rotary Peace Centers offering the Certificate Program Located at:
- Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand;
- Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.
Level of Program:
- Master’s Degree Program;
- The professional development certificate program.
Rotary Peace Scholarship Duration
Master’s Degree Scholarship 2024: 15 to 24 months
Professional Development Certificate Program: One Year
Up to 90 International fellowships:
- 50 for Master’s degree Program;
- 50 for Certificate Studies.
Components of the International Fellowship Program:
- Academic Training;
- Applied Field Experience;
- Workshop Series;
- Final Seminar.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
How to file your application?
Apply online via this link https://rotary.embark.com/login/apply?target=2024.
Source: Rotary International
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.