Under an Advisory dated March 30, 2022, from the Department of Health Western Visayas Center for Health Development, the Human Resource Development Unit (HRDU) is officially accepting interested applicants for the Pre-Service Scholarship Program (PSSP) for Midwifery for SY 2022-2023.
What is Pre-Service Scholarship Program (PSSP) for Midwifery?
The Department of Health created the Midwifery Scholarship Program of the Philippines in support to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals to decrease maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality rate by producing and ensuring a constant supply of consistent competent midwives fit to serve the identified priority areas of the country.
The program provides a two-year midwifery scholarship grant to qualified applicants in partnership with midwifery schools. Hence, producing graduate midwives to be deployed as Rural Health Midwives (RHMs) in a priority areas identified by the Department of Health (DOH) in the country.
Below is the List of the Requirements and Documents to be submitted by the Scholarship Applicants to Partner Schools:
|Requirements||Documents to be Submitted|
|Proof of Citizenship||Birth Certificate|
|Good Moral Character||Certification from School and/or Barangay|
|Health Condition (including HBsAg Screening Test)||Physically and Mentally Fit as Certified by Government Physician; Photocopy of Laboratory Results including BHsAg Screening Test|
|No Existing Scholarship Grant||Affidavit of No Existing Scholarship Grants|
|Passed the School Admission Test and other requirements||Certificate of Acceptance of Scholar|
|Low-income family||BIR Annual Filing of Tax of Both Parents/Guardian(s) or BIR Tax Exemption Certificate|
|Proof of Residency||Barangay Certificate|
|Priority Groups||(As applicable)|
|i. Indigenous People or Member of a Minority Group||National Commission on Indigenous People (NCIP) Certificate|
|ii. Dependents of Barangay Health Workers and other Government Employees||Certificate of Employment of Parent(s) Guardians|
|iii. Victims of Calamities||Certificate from Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (LDRRMO) or Department of Social Welfare and Development.|
What are the benefits of the PSSP?
The DOH provides the scholar, a package that includes:
- Monthly Living Subsidy
- Monthly Lodging Subsidy
- Monthly Transportation allowance
- Semestral book and uniform allowance
- Annual PhilHealth insurance (new)
Partner Midwifery Schools
- The DOH provides partner midwifery school a package that includes payments for the scholars’:
- Tuition and other matriculation fees
- School uniforms
- Duty kit
- Affiliation and transportation fees
- Board review and materials fees
- PRC examination and registration fees
How to apply for the PSSP?
- Applicants shall apply to the DOH partner school https://bit.ly/3iPONj8 of choice preferably within or near province or region of residence. Applicants shall undergo and pass the screening and selection process as identified by the partner school for admission to the program/course.
- The partner school shall endorse the list of qualified applicants to the DOH Center for Health Development within the region for further evaluation and validation.
- DOH Center for Heath Development shall endorse the result of validation and recommendation to the HHRDB for evaluation and recommendation to the PSSP Committee.
- The HHRDB shall endorse the list of approved/accepted scholars to concerned DOH Centers for Health Development.