Flight attendants are part of the few most wanted professions by most Filipinos—both men and women. It is part of the career paths that are taken because of the fact that working won’t just be fun because you will be on an airplane, it’s also a good opportunity to be able to travel all over the world for free! You even get paid!
Some people have the dilemma of applying as a flight attendant because of the fact that most airlines require being a college graduate. Good news, though! Because aspiring flight attendants now has the chance to be part of the cabin crew even if someone is just a fresh graduate.
As per the Facebook page Become a Flight Attendant Philippines, There were a couple of updates in the education requirements in the application for a flight attendant or a cabin crew member this 2019.
To give you some of the most important updates, here are some of the things that most people are excited about:
The following airlines have an age limit for those who yearn to be a cabin crew member or a flight attendant:
- Philippine Airlines Express (PAL Express) has a minimum age of eighteen (18) years old.
- Philippine Airlines (PAL) has a minimum age of eighteen (18) years old.
- Saudia Airlines has a minimum age of twenty-two (22) years old; above 30 years old can apply.
- Cebu Pacific Air (CebuPac Air) has a minimum age of eighteen (18) years old.
- AirAsia Philippines has a minimum age of eighteen (18) years old
- SaudiGulf Airlines people who are above thirty (30) years old can apply; and
- Qatar Airways has a minimum age of eighteen (18) years old but not older than 27 years old.
In order for a flight attendant to be properly seen on a plane, there is a specific height requirement that needs to be attained. It’s part of the crucial requirements that airline companies have to those who look to be part of the cabin crew.
The following are the airlines with their updated height requirements:
- Philippine Airlines Express (PAL Express) has a height requirement of 5’7″ or (170 cm) for male applicants; 5’3″ (160 cm) for female applicants.
- Oman Air has a minimum height requirement of 5’3″ for female applicants.
- AirAsia Philippines has a height requirement of 5’2″ (157 cm) for female applicants and 5’7″ (170 cm) for male applicants; and
- Cebu Pacific Air (CebuPac Air) has a minimum height requirement of 5’3″ (160 cm) for females and 5’7″ (170 cm) for males.
What does a flight attendant do?
Have you ridden an airplane? Have you seen the people in uniforms lurking around the plane trying to assist the passengers on board? These are the cabin crew members—more specifically, the flight attendants.
Their main goal is to ensure that the passengers will have a safe flight. In addition to that, they are also the group of people in charge of the plane since the captain and his co-captain/s are busy maneuvering the plane. Should there be any type of mishap, they have instructions from the Federal Aviation Administration (FDA).
If an applicant is a college undergraduate, is there a specific course?
Tourism is the program that is recommended in order for an individual to pursue his or her dreams of being a flight attendant. However, a student who was able to pass a 4-year course will also be accepted because the applicant will undergo the correct application.
How much is the salary of a flight attendant?
As per the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the entry-level wage of a flight attendant is at P18, 000 to P26, 000 and can go up to P36, 000 to P54, 000 depending on the experience and the training.
Do you want to travel the world? Are you looking forward to learning the different cultures have to offer with the price not being a big chunk of your travel? If yes, then you may want to be a flight attendant or be part of a company’s cabin crew! If you need information, visit the Facebook page of the Become a Flight Attendant Philippines and enjoy being a flight attendant!