Heads up scholarship hunters! For the academic year 2023–2024, the IsDB Scholarship Program for Muslim Communities in Non-MCs (SPMC) is now accepting applications!
This scholarship aims to help and enable young Muslim students from Muslim communities in non-MCs to pursue undergraduate studies in medicine, engineering, computer sciences, information technology, agriculture, and other related fields in their own countries. The students must be academically talented and financially challenged.
Apply now and be one of their scholars! Refer to the detailed announcement below if you are interested.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
The program is designed for Muslim students who are academically gifted but are also in financial need and have a strong desire to participate in social services and community development. They must also be able to fulfill the following requirements for eligibility:
- In need of financial assistance without which study may have to stop;
- Maximum age of 24 years;
- Not an IsDB staff member or Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff any type appointment (including temporary and consultant) of the IsDB Group nor a close relative by blood or adoption, with the term “close relative” defined as mother, father, sister, half-sister, brother, half-brother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew;
- Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major science subjects;
- Provided evidence of language proficiency in the university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS or by having passed the required level test conducted such as by the British Council or equivalent system in French or other languages;
- Provided certified English or French translation of all documents in case they are initially in other languages;
- Be medically fit and willing to undergo medical examination after selection;
- Having secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the programme at a recognized college or university in their own country is desirable;
- Not living in a country other than his/her home country;
- Not a beneficiary of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
The program will cover the following priveleges:
- Tuition fees, payable to the universities directly;
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living in the country of study;
- Books/clothing allowance, the equivalent of three months monthly stipends, once a year;
- Cost of medical treatment (either at the university or local state hospital)
What are the field of study?
At present, the program offers
Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary science, Nursing, Nutrition study, Computer science, Forestry, and Fishery.
How to file your application?
Apply through the IsDB Scholarship Online Portal at https://www.isdb.org/scholarships.
Source: Bangsamoro Government
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.