Calling all the Kalinaw out there! Fr. Leoni Mission Foundation, Inc. is pleased to inform you that the Kapawa Hu Paglaum College Scholarship and Formation Program application is now open! Be formed to lead and be one of their scholars!
Who can apply for the scholarship?
In order to be considered in the scholarship, one must:
- be Lumad (at least 25%) from the four mission areas of FLMFI (Cabanglasan, Miarayan, Pangantucan, and Zamboangita);
- have passed the college/university qualifying exams (CMU, BukSU, SIC, USEP (Pamulaan), XU-Ateneo de Cagayan, other colleges/universities within Northern Mindanao, and AdDU);
- be preferred degree program relevant to the future of the Lumad community;
- be financially needy as indicated in the scholarship form and other requirements;
- be academically driven and competent;
- be faith-driven youth;
- posses grit and commitment to education and formation; and
- embdody commitment to service for the community;
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
Below are the documents that must be prepared by the applicants for submission:
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM (KHPCSFP-19-004) [REV 2-2021];
PHOTOCOPY OF ACADEMIC RECORDS FOR SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL/HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES:
High School Report Card (DepEd Form 138A);
CERTIFICATE OF INDIGENCY
CLEAR PHOTOS OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE:
(front view of the whole house, and kitchen, duly certified by the Barangay Chairman);
PHOTOCOPY OF THE ELECTRIC BILL FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS.
(If not applicable; submit a letter, addressed to Scholarship Committee, indicating your reasons for non paying);
from the following concerned persons:
Datu/Tribal leader of your community
Any of your previous school mentors;
(refer to page 6-7)
What are the courses available?
Scholars may choose among the preferred or available courses as follow:
•Bachelor of Arts in Psychology •Bachelor of Science in Psychology •Bachelor of Arts in Political Science •Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology •Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
•Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
•Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
•Bachelor of Science in Business Management
-Human Resource Development
•Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
•Culinary Art Management
•Bachelor of Science in Office Administration
•Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
•Bachelor of Science in Nursing •Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
• Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
•Bachelor of Arts on Community Development
•Bachelor of Science in Social Work
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION
•Bachelor of Science in Development Communication
•Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
•Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
•Bachelor of Science in Food Technology
• Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
• Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
• Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education
How to file your application?
Follow these step-by-step procedure:
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIP AND FORMATION PROGRAM (you can only get the form from the respective FLMFI mission area coordinators.
Note: ONLINE APPLICATION IS NOT AVAILABLE)
FILL OUT THE FORM AND SUBMIT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS TO THE RESPECTIVE FLMFI MISSION AREAS COORDINATORS:
• Cabanglasan- Fr. Nikki James Lee, SJ
• Miarayon- Fr. Jereme Asunto, SJ
• Pangantucan- Fr. Marlon Fabros, SJ
• Zamboangita- Fr. Lloyd Sabio, SJ
APPLICANTS SHALL EXPECT A LETTER OR CALL FOR THE SCHEDULE OF INITIAL INTERVIEW AT KAPAWA HU PAGLAUM CULTURAL CENTER
ANNOUNCEMENTS OF THE RESULTS
(list of the accepted applicants will be posted online through FLMFI’s Official
Facebook Page and or expect a text message after initial interview)
(accepted applicants shall attend parents-scholars orientation and contract signing)
Application Deadline: May 14, 2023 at your respective FLMFI mission area.
Source: Fr. Leoni Mission Foundation, Inc.
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.