The Lao Foundation works with institutional partners that implement direct programs and services that empower schools and NGOs that create sustainable impact. They believe in opening opportunities for those who need it most. The foundation has 495 retired teachers supported, 770 LBL educational excellence awardees since 2005, 1397 scholars, and 398 graduates.
To all interested applicants who want to be their scholars, please take the time to read all the instructions and guidelines of the scholarship first. All the information that you will need in order to complete the application process is located below. Found in this announcement are the student applicant qualifications, requirements needed, and the application process of the scholarship. Good luck and they look forward to receiving your applications!
Read: Call for applications: DCWD’s College Scholarship Programs for SY 2023-2024
Who can apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is open to all incoming and current senior high school, college, and tech-voc students who are residing in the following barangays: Barangay Libis, Quezon City, Barangay Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Barangay 894, 896, and 897, Punta Sta. Ana, Metro Manila, Barangay Canlubang, Calamba City, Laguna, and Barangay Pagaspas, Tanuan City, Batangas
What are the qualifications?
Interested applicants shall meet the qualifications below:
- Must be economically in need
- Open to all applicants aged 23 years and below
- Must not be a recipient of other scholarship or educational assistance programs (partial/full)
- Must be a resident of the following barangays: Barangay Libis, Quezon City, Barangay Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Barangay 894, 896, and 897, Punta Sta. Ana, Metro Manila, Barangay Canlubang, Calamba City, Laguna, and Barangay Pagaspas, Tanuan City, Batangas.
- Parent/guardian and applicant should have a minimum 1 year of residency
- Must be a current or incoming Senior High School, College, or TechVoc Student
- Must be a regular student
- Must have a general weighted average of 80% and higher
- Must not have grades below 75% in any grading period
- Grades for MAPEH will be assessed individually
Read: UMak School of Law Scholarship Program is now open for applications for AY 2023-2024.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
All interested applicants shall submit clear scanned copies or clear photos of the following:
- Latest passport-sized picture with white background of the student applicant
- Certified true copy of grades (latest available grades for SY 2022-2023)
- Latest university/school registration- if enrolled
- Latest electric or water bills or internet bill
- NSO/PSA Certificate of the student applicant
- Payslip or ITR/Certificate of Tax Withheld of all working family members- if available
- Certificate of residency from the barangay stating that the family has been a resident of the barangay for a minimum of 1 year
- Pantawid ID (if DSWD Pantawid beneficiary)
- Autobiography (minimum of 1,500 words, typewritten with times new roman, font size 12, include personal life experiences, turning points, crisis, beliefs, ideologies, future plans, talents, assets, strengths, and weaknesses. Note: Autobiography less than 1,500 words will strictly be not accepted
- Sketch of Home Address: Start from major landmark going to your home address: indicate barangay and street names on the map for easy identification (Google maps will not be accepted)
Read: OWWA offers two Scholarships to Graduating Grade 12 Students this SY 2023-2024!
Starts from: January 17 and Ends in February 21, 2023
How to file your application?
All interested applicants must remember that incomplete requirements, incorrectly named files, or late applications will not be processed. Submit clear copies or clear photos of requirements via e-mail to [email protected] with subject name- last name, first name (Ex: Reyes, Maria). All applicants will undergo a thorough screening based on the standards by Lao Foundation. Successful applicants will be notified by Lao Foundation, Inc.
For more details, you may contact Lao Foundation through (02) 8635-0680 local 2386, 2387, 2389 or 09171879986
Source: Lao Foundation Inc.
Leave a Reply