If you are a professional in the field of education, it is necessary to have a license that is vital in terms of the development of your chosen career. As a matter of fact, without one, you might just run out of strokes of luck.
One of the board exams that gather numerous participants on a yearly basis is the Teacher’s Board Exam or the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) — Elementary and Secondary Levels, more commonly called as LET.
Read: The Department of Education’s (DepEd’s) Calendar of Activities For SY 2020-2021
Here in the Philippines, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) holds LET examinations twice in a year; specifically within the months of March and September. But due to the scare and the threat of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the PRC had announced the September 2020 LET online application.
The September 2020 LET Online Application
The PRC released the schedule of board licensure exams for the year 2020 through the PRC Resolution No. 1210 series of 2019. It was then duly signed by Teofilo S. Pilando Jr., Chairman of the PRC and Commissioners Yolanda R. Reyes and Jose Y. Cueto, Jr.
In their announcement, they said that the LET will be held on the 27th of September, 2020, and it will be at designated testing locations in Manila and all other Regional Offices around the country.
Read: The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Hiring in All Regions in the Philippines
They are now accepting applications for the upcoming 2020 LET. Therefore, examinees may file their online application through the PRC’s online portal by clicking this link here or more informally known as the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS).
March 2020 update
To abide by the rule and the Presidential Proclamation No. 922 which was dated on the 8th of March 2020, all mass gatherings are suspended due to the fact that the entire country has been placed under a state of public health emergency.
Because of this the PRC has cancelled board exams that were originally scheduled in March and in April of this year; and this includes the LET.
Read More About That Here: PRC Cancels and Postpones the Scheduled March and April 2020 Licensure Exams
May 2020 update
With the latest update coming from the commission, it was about the postponement of all examinations that will take place anytime from March until June 2020 of this year because of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).
This sparked the September 2020 LET online application procedure that you’ll be able to learn in this article.
Read: PRC Board Examination Online Application: A Detailed Guide
- Applicants who already filed and paid for their examination who were able to get their respective Notices of Admission (NoA) will not be required to file a new application anymore.
- In terms of payment, all applicants are advised to pay and settle through the following channels:
- Land Bank (i-access)
- UCPB (over-the-counter payment)
Read: A 6-Month Installment Payment Program For Globe Postpaid Customers
PRC Schedule for September 2020 LET Online Application
- Name of Examination: PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS EXAMINATION
- Date/s of the Examination: SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
- Day of the Examination: SUNDAY
Those are the vital details of the scheduled licensure examination that all applicants and interested people need to know.
Places of Examination
As per the commission, the following would be the legitimate and the designated places of examination:
Read: PRC Renewal: How can I Renew my PRC ID Online?
- All Regional Offices
- Bacolod City
- General Santos City
- Manila City
In addition to that, the opening of the online processing would be on the 1st of June 2020. The deadline of the filing is on the 29th of July.
The following are the needed personal details and information for the registration:
- Contact / Mobile number
- Email Address
- Community Tax Certificate (CTC or Cedula)
- Digital ID picture (Note: collared attire, white background, size 2×2, and less than six months old)
- Personal information such as Name, address, school or university graduated, date of graduation, etc.)
Quick Note: The PRC reminds all applicants who are looking to register online or before proceeding to PRC centers to secure all the needed requirements and to make it quick and convenient and to avoid any inconvenience.
Read: PRC Online Verification of Rating: Check your PRC Licensure Exam Rating Online
What are the general qualifications for taking the LET exam?
- Must be at least 18 years of age — or older at the time of application;
- Should be a Filipino citizen; If in the event that the registrant is not a citizen of the Philippines, he or she must be from a country who offers reciprocity in the Philippines (RA No. 7836 as amended by RA 9293);
- Must be in good health — must possess good moral character; and
- Must have no past records or history of a convicted final judgment of moral turpitude offense in court
The PRC is also diligent enough in letting all interested applicants aware of what the requirements are should it be their first time doing the examination. The requirements include:
Read: Three-Month Moratorium to All Loans, Pag-IBIG Fund
- Payment of P900.00
- Original and the photocopy of the following:
- Special Order (SO)
- Transcript of Records (ToR)
- Date of Graduation
- PSA-certified birth certificate and/or Marriage Contract for female applicants
- School Seal with the scanned picture and remarks in the statement “For Board Examination Purposes Only”
- For Secondary Grade:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or any equivalent with both minor and major with the degrees that shall be considered as an equivalent must have to take at least 18 units in the Professional Education or a bachelor’s degree in Arts and Sciences and must at least have units in education
If there are requirements for first-timers, the PRC is also diligent enough to provide the requirements for teachers that have been either removed from their position or those that have been displaced from their position in the industry.
Read: How to Renew PRC ID Online?
The following are the requirements:
- Pre-School Teachers: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (BECED) or any of its equivalent
- Elementary Teachers: Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (BSEED) or any of its equivalent;
- Secondary Grade Teachers: Bachelor’s Degree in Education or any equivalent with both minor and major with the degrees that shall be considered as an equivalent must have to take at least 18 units in the Professional Education or a bachelor’s degree in Arts and Sciences and must at least have units in education; and
- Vocational Teachers and a two-year technical course: Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Specialization or any of its equivalent with at least 18 units in Professional Education
Last but most definitely not the least is if you are planning to take on the LET for the repeating time, the following would be the documentary requirements that you will need:
Read: The Department of Health (DOH) Midwifery Scholarship Program | Everything You Need to Know!
- Original and Photocopies of the following:
- PSA-certified and authenticated birth certificates
- Transcript of Records (ToR)
- Seal of the School with the scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only”
- Special Order (SO)
- Date of Graduation
Should you be interested in taking part of the 2020 LET, here are all the details you need to know. Follow us if you have follow-up questions about it because we provide updates if there are any.
Source: Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
Leave a Reply