The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) postpones the scheduled March and April 2020 licensure exams. Just yesterday, the PRC cancels and postpones the scheduled license exams due to the State of Public Health Emergency announced and proclaimed by our dearest President Rodrigo Duterte.
Because of the rising and the constant increase in the confirmed cases of the 2019 Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in the country, some important license exams like the Civil Service Exams (CSE) and the PRC Licensure Examinations are cancelled and postponed.
You can read more about that here: The Civil Service Exams (CSE) Suspended Due to COVID-19
Presidential Proclamation No. 922
According to the Presidential Proclamation No. 922, or more known as a State of Public Health Emergency Throughout the Philippines, the PRC cancels and postpones the scheduled March and April 2020 licensure exams.
In addition to that, however, it was also recommended by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) and the Department of Health (DOH) to prohibit and forbid public activities.
Read: The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Urges Employers to Allow Extra Leaves For Their Employees Due to the COVID-19
Which exams are cancelled?
As per the PRC, the conduction of the following licensure assessments and examinations are cancelled. They’ll be continued when it’s safer and examinees will be aware of when this will be as the new schedule will be posted on PRC social media accounts and on the PRC website.
- Qualifying Assessments for Foreign Medical Professionals (March 14, 2020)
- Physician Licensure Examination (March 15 – 16, 2020)
- Medical Technologists Licensure Examination (March 18 – 19, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (March 29, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Electronic Engineers and Electronic Technicians (April 1 – 3, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Midwives (April 5 – 6, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Registered Electrical Engineers and Registered Master Electricians (April 14 – 16, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Pharmacists (April 26 – 27, 2020)
Read: Common Everyday Things That can Put You at Risk For the COVID-19 Infection
New schedule of the licensure examinations
Exam-takers shouldn’t worry – even if the PRC decided to cancel and postpone the scheduled March and April 2020 licensure examinations, it’ll still continue.
The PRC, together with other Philippine government agencies, could not take the risk of continuing the examination with the threat of the COVID-19.
Read: Curfew For Minors For Safety as Per the NCRPO
So their decision is the best decision; and this is not for their own sake – it is to make sure that the virus is contained and that it’s well taken care of and managed.
Source: Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Website
Leave a Reply