Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to preserve and promote the welfare and well-being of Overseas Filipino Workers. OWWA, on the other hand, provides scholarships, insurance, and educational opportunities for OWWA Scholarship OFWs and their dependents.
Dependents of active OWWA members who are currently enrolled or will be enrolled in any four-year or five-year bachelor course at any college or university are eligible for this OWWA Scholarship Program.
OWWA Scholarship and related OWWA benefits can be provided to OFW dependents who intend to enroll or are already enrolled in a 4–5-year academic program at any preferred university under the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP). A maximum of P60,000 can be awarded to EDSP scholars (per school year). The EDSP will take effect in the school year 2022 upon approval.
Read: SM College Scholarship 2022
For qualified beneficiaries/dependents of OFWs all over the world, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) offers the “Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP).” The scholarship program is open to all OFWs and their dependents who plan to enroll in any four- to five-year baccalaureate course in any university across the country, whether in state universities and colleges (SUCs), TESDA-accredited institutions, or privately-owned tertiary or vocational institutions OWWA loan.
The OWWA Scholarship OFW Dependent Scholarship Program, or OFWDSP, on the other hand, is available to students who plan to attend or are currently attending a state college or university and whose family member earns a monthly wage of less than US$400 (P30,478). The OFWDSP covers P20,000 of a student’s school expenses per school year; however, since state colleges are now tuition-free, the money given to OFWDSP scholars can be used for other school fees, and the rest of the money is given to the student but should only be used for other academic-related expenses. The OFWDSP will take effect in the school year 2022 OWWA Philippines branches upon approval.
Read: How to apply for DOST Scholarship
The agency aims to;
- Shield the interest and promote the welfare of OFWs in recognition of their valuable contribution to the overall improvement effort;
- Facilitate the implementation of the provisions of the Labor Code regarding the accountability of the government to advertise the well-being of OFWs;
- Provide social and welfare services to OFWs, together with insurance, social work assistance, legal assistance, cultural services, and remittance services;
- Make sure the efficiency of collection and the viability and sustainability of the fund via sound and judicious investment and fund management policies;
- Undertake studies and researches for the enhancement of their social, economic and cultural well-being; and
- Develop, support, and finance specific projects for the welfare of OFWs.
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) and OWWA benefits:
The OWWA Scholarship Program provides a cash grant of P30,000 per semester and pays the university’s tuition fees immediately. After the candidate has submitted his semester grades, the remaining awards will be released to him.
In addition, the chosen candidate will be covered by a P300,000.00 health and accident insurance policy.
Level/Field of study:
The OWWA Scholarship for Filipino Students program is open to students pursuing a baccalaureate degree at any institution or university in the Philippines.
What are the qualifications for the OWWA Scholarship Program?
- Must be a child of a married OWWA member or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member
- Must be 21 years old or below
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Be in good health and with good moral character
- Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belong to the upper 20% of the graduating class
What are the requirements for the OWWA Scholarship Program?
To be eligible for the scholarships, the dependent applicant must not be receiving any other scholarship grants, be the sole family member (child or sibling) of the OFW getting the EDSP, and have not taken any OWWA scholarship qualifying exam previously.
The OFW and their dependents must be over 21 years old, have a grade of at least 80 percent, and be in the top 20% of their graduating class, be Filipino citizens, have passed the Department of Science and Technology’s qualifying exam, and have passed the college entrance exam in which they intend to enroll.
What are the required documents for the OWWA Scholarship Program?
Upon knowing that you meet the qualifications and requirements, you may now prepare the necessary documents which are as follow:
- Accomplished application forms (2 sets)
- 1″x 1″ ID pictures (2 copies)
- Proof of relationship to Member (copy of Birth Certificate of applicant and of the Member if related as brother or sister duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO)
- Form 137 or Transcript of Records with Principal’s Certification on Scholastic Standing
- Proof of OWWA membership (i.e., Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)
- Health Certificate attesting to physical fitness of an applicant (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor (Form C)
- Certification that applicant belongs to upper 20% of graduating class issued by school principal (2 sets)
- Statement of applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
- Sworn Statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by parent or legal guardians (Form F)
Step 1: To apply, you have to visit the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office of your area.
Step 2: From there you have to get queuing number or queue in the line for EDSP scholarship application.
Step 3: Present I.D. of OFW member with the documents listed above to the Membership Verification Desk.
Step 4: Get the Notice of Award and Schedule of Scholarship Orientation validation/evaluation from there.
Step 5: At last, you have to attend the scholarship Orientation and Facilitate Notarization of Scholarship Agreement.
This OWWA Scholarships Scheme for Filipino Students is currently open to students in the Philippines. The deadline of applications is on May 2022. So, better grab the opportunity now.
For more queries, please refer to the contact information below.
- OWWA hotline number– 1348
- Regional: (02) 1348
- International: (+632) 1348
- OWWA Email Address: [email protected]
Read Also: CHED Scholarship, Qualifications and Requirements
Jamila sanda says
Link po sana ng application form??
Thank you po
Mary Ann says
Pano po mag apply for scholarship
john martin danoy carumba says
how to apply po maam/sir? mag 2nd year napo ako and qualify po si mama as owwa member po, hong kong po siya naga work. thank you
kailangan po ba na dapat below 30k ang salary ng OFW para maging qualified sa scholarship?
Lyn Delfin says
How to apply po
Bienvenida Marcos sawan says
OFW ako single mother na is ko pong mag apply NG scholarships Para sa anak ko mag 3rd year college na Yong Isa at Yong Isa magtatapus this year sa k12. At g
usto ko po syang makapag aral Sana matulongan nyo ako OWWA Para sa mga anak ko. GOD bless salamat
Alma coronado says
Hello po ,puede ko po bang i apply ang anak ko sa scholarship programa po ng owwa ,6yrs na po akong narito sa pilipinas at d na po nakabalik dahil po sa hypertension ko po ,at nais ko parin po sanang bumalik bilang domestic helper ,hindi na po daw puede dahil po sa edad ko na 52y.o.ako po ay nag susumamo na naway matulungan nyo po ang aking anak ,upang maipag patuloy po nya at maabot ang kanya pong pangarap na makapag tapos po sa college ,ang kanya pong grades ngaun 1st semester sa TIP bachelor of BSME po ay 1.06.Nawa po ay matulungan po ninyo po kami .Salamat po.
Virginia Guinto says
How to apply poh meron Po akong anak mgcollege na Po this year.
MA. CRISTINA NAVAL says
dati po akong OFW from 2007 to 2017 pwede pa rin po ba akong makapagapply ng Schorlarship para sa anak ko?
Kariyawasam Madakada Marife Miñoza says
Can I apply scholarship for my nephew
Norhama Sasao says
Paano Po mag apply? kaylangan kupo ng scholarship nato kase walang Wala Po Ang parents ko farmer Lang Po Ang tatay ko
Monaida H. Casan says
How to apply poh,,aqu na mismo mag aaply,,,ofw poh aqu galing kuwait 5 years aqu nag work don at nong september 26 aqu dumating dito sa pinas,,,bali single mom dn aqu sa apat qung anak at ngayon nag aaral na dn aqu kasabay ng mga anak qu,,3rdyear college na aqu at i need schoolarship oh tolong galing owwa program
Jennifer Mariano says
how to apply owwa scholarship
VIVIAN ANN M IGNACIO says
hii po saan po makakuha ng form?
Anna Lyn G. Bruan says
Jenerose M. Diola says
Do they have a scholarship for a grade 11 student, who’s going to grade 12?
Irene Dadivas says
What if half sister only OK lng po ba
Dionisio Tapia says
Is it possible that the spouse of the OFW can apply instead of the OFW itself? since the OFW OWWA member is working abroad.
Chabelita T. Papa says
I hope and praying na isa ako sa makukuha dahil lacking tulong po ito para sa aking pag aaral thank you
Raycel Gamata says
Link po sana ng application form. Unreachable po kasi yung uploaded link. Thank you po