The Department of Education (DepEd) is the branch of the government of the Philippines tasked to promote equity in, to ensure access to, and improve the standards of basic education in the country. They’re also the department to authorize discounts and vouchers to those who are in dire need of financial aid for education—such as the Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP).
Read: The DepEd Basic Education Enrollment Form
What is the Senior High School Voucher Program?
The Senior High School Voucher Program or SHS VP, is a DepEd program which provides financial assistance to qualified and eligible Grade 10 finishers to help them pursue their education in senior high school in private schools, local universities (LUs), and state universities and colleges (SUCs) which offer the SHS program.
In collaboration with the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC), the DepEd is working to allow eligible incoming senior high school students get the program they want—to be able to study in the school they yearn for.
Read: Guide on How to Apply for the CHED Scholarship
When can a learner apply for a voucher?
Students can apply for the Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP) in two (2) ways: online and personally or through mail.
For the learners who wish to apply online, they can avail of the subsidy of the voucher in a non-DepEd SHS until the 2nd of June, 2019;
Learners, on the other hand, who wants to personally apply or through mail, have until the 31st of May 2019.
NOTE: All students who were able to accomplish Grade 10, who aren’t grantees of the Education Service Contracting (ESC), can apply for the voucher subsidy to enroll to a non-DepEd SHS.
Read: The GSIS Scholarship for Academic Year 2019
Those who wish to apply personally or through mail, the Voucher Application Form (VAF-1) must be filled out and sent or mailed personally, together with the complete requirements to:
PEAC National Secretariat
5th Floor, Salamin Bldg,
197 Salcedo St.
How can a learner apply for the voucher online?
Meanwhile, online applicants have until the 31st of May of the year 2019 to register an account through the application portal—they need to create an Online Voucher Application Portal (OVAP) account through https://peac.org.ph. To reiterate, the applicants will be allowed to submit the application and the complete requirements up until the 2nd of June, 2019.
NOTE: All of the documents that will be filled out and submitted for the requirements must be scanned copies.
What are the requirements for the Senior High School Voucher Program?
For online applicants, submission of the following before the deadline is required:
- The printed Online Application Confirmation Slip;
- Recent Identical 2 x 2 photos (at least two (2) copies);
- Photocopy of the Grade 10 report card;
- Certification of financial assistance from the school (only if applicable);
- Latest Income Tax Return of the Legal Guardian or the Parent of the student. Alternatively, Certification of Tax Exemption (CTE) or the Municipal Certification of Unemployment; and
- The original Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Certified Birth Certificate
Applicants who want to apply manually, would have to submit:
- Duly accomplished Voucher Application Form (VAF-1);
- Certificate of Employment of the Legal Guardian or the Parent (only if applicable);
- Latest Income Tax Return of the Legal Guardian or the Parent Alternatively, Certification of Tax Exemption (CTE) or the Municipal Certification of Unemployment;
- Photocopy of the Grade 10 report card; and
- Recent and identical 2 x 2 photo (at least two (2) copies)
Important notes to remember:
- Completers of the Grade 10 program who are from local and state universities and colleges (LUCs and SUCs); from public schools; and completers who are grantees of the ESC program will automatically be eligible for application—no need to apply.
- Late submissions won’t be entertained—ensure that you apply and that you submit the requirements on time.
- Ensure that you have all of the requirements that the DepEd needs in order for them to authenticate and validate the voucher.
Read: Want to Study for Free in South Korea? Take the KOICA Scholarship Program
If you need more information about the Senior High School Voucher Program, you can stay tuned on the Official Department of Education (DepEd) website. More so, you can contact DepEd’s Central Office Directory.
Alternatively, you can have a look at their Regional and Division Offices Directory, too.
The Senior High School Voucher Program is just one of many initiatives of the government to give qualified students a chance to access basic education with ease and affordability.
You can read more about the statement of the SHS VP in the articles section of the DepEd website here.
Arjoy Culano says
I am an ALS graduate can i avail??