Good news for those who want to pursue their study in Taiwan, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines will once again provide various scholarship programs for qualified Filipino students. These scholarships are intended for Filipinos who wish to pursue degree studies in Taiwan (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degrees) or for those who would like to learn Mandarin Chinese in the Republic of China (Taiwan).
In 2023, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines will accept the application for the following scholarship programs:
1.Ministry of Education (MOE) Scholarship: Grants a 4-year scholarship for undergraduate studies, a 2-year scholarship for Master’s, and a grant of up to 4 years for Doctoral Degree. The MOE will shoulder up to 40,000 NTD (Php 72,400) each semester for the corresponding tuition and miscellaneous expenses. The remaining costs will be shouldered by the scholarship recipient. An additional 15,000 NTD (Php 27,150) will be given to recipients undertaking university undergraduate studies, 20, 000 NTD (Php 36,200) for those pursuing their Master’s and Ph.D. as the monthly stipend.
The application is from February 1 to April 30, 2023.
- Huayu (Mandarin) Enrichment Scholarship: Allows applicants to choose to pursue either 3 or 6 months of Mandarin courses, subject to TECO’s approval. The grant provides a monthly stipend of 25,000 NTD (Php 45,250) to cover all the expenses (tuition, miscellaneous, etc.)
The application is from February 1 to March 31, 2023 .
- International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF): The grant covers the full tuition fee, living expenses, economy class airfare tickets, and textbook costs. Scholars pursuing Master’s will receive a monthly stipend of 15, 000 NTD (Php 27,150) and 17, 000 NTD (Php 30,770) for those pursuing Doctoral degrees.
The application is from January 1 to March 15, 2023.
Note: Each applicant can only apply for one scholarship program among these offerings and must process first their university admission to their preferred university in Taiwan. They also have to comply with and submit necessary scholarship requirements to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines for review and recommendation based on the indicated deadlines of each program. It is important to note that it is ineligible to apply if the applicant currently has enrolled in another program in Taiwan . Scholarship guidelines and additional requirements prescribed by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines can be found at its official website at https://www.roc-taiwan.org/ph_en/cat/38.html
You may also refer to the “Study in Taiwan” website for more information on the universities and programs available in Taiwan, as well as some featured universities by the Foundation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (FICHET) through the following links.
For further information regarding these scholarship programs, you may check the “STUDY IN TAIWAN” section found in the official website of TECO in the Philippines at https://www.roc-taiwan.org/ph_en/cat/36.html or contact TECO’s Education Division at [email protected].
Source: Taiwan, Republic of China
- 2023 Türkiye Scholarships Program is now open for applications
- Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program is now open for applications until March 31, 2023
- Foreign Graduate Scholarships in Specialized Priority Fields in Science and Technology