The Commission on Election (COMELEC) has officially resumed the voter registration today, December 12,2022 until January 31,2023 for Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) and Barangay Election.
Who may register?
Any Filipino citizen who is not yet a registered voter may apply for registration, provided he/she possesses the following qualifications:
A. Barangay Elections:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age on or before the day of the Barangay Elections;
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year and in the place wherein he/ she proposes to vote, for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
B. Sangguniang Kabataan Elections:
- At least fifteen (15) but not more than thirty (30) years of age and residing in the barangay for at least six (6) months on or before Sangguniang Kabataan Elections; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
Where can you register?
Registration, transfer, change/corrections of entries in the registration records, reactivation of registration records, inclusion of registration records and reinstatement of name in the list of voters, and transfer of registration records from post to local; and,
Updating of records of Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), Senior Citizens and members of Indigenous Peoples’ (IPs) or Indigenous Cultural Communities (ICCs) and other members of vulnerable sectors shall be personally filed at the Office of the Election Officer (OEO) of the city/municipality/district where the applicant resides, during office hours, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Mondays to Saturdays including Holidays, except when declared otherwise by the Commission.
Who are disqualified to register?
The following are disqualified to register as a voter:
- Any person who has been sentenced by final judgment to suffer imprisonment for not less than one (1) year, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty;
- Any person who has been adjudged by final judgment by a competent court or tribunal of having committed any crime involving disloyalty to the duly-constituted government, such as, rebellion, sedition, violation of the firearms laws, or any crime against national security unless restored to his/her full civil and political rights in accordance with law; and
- Insane or incompetent person as declared by competent authority unless subsequently declared by proper authority that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.
Any person disqualified to register under paragraphs (a) and (b) above shall automatically reacquire the right to vote upon expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
The applicant shall personally appear before the EO, state his/her name and exact address, specifying the house number, name of the street, area, district, purok or sitio, and barangay where he/she resides, or a brief description of his/her residence, email address, if any, and present any of the following identification documents that bear applicant’s photograph and signature:
- National identification (ID) card under the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys);
- Employee’s ID card, with the signature of the employer or authorized representative;
- Postal ID card;
- PWD ID Card;
- Student’s ID card or library card, signed by the school authority;
- Senior Citizen’s ID card;
- Driver’s license;
- NBI clearance;
- SSS/GSIS or other UMID ID card;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID card;
- License issued by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC);
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) in case of members of ICCs or IPs;
- Barangay Identification/Certification with photo; and
- Any other valid ID cards.
HERE ARE THE DOWNLOADABLE FORMS FROM THE COMELEC WEBSITE:
The following forms shall be available at the OEO, FREE OF CHARGE:
- Revised CEF-1-A – Application form;
- Supplementary Data Form;
- Certification for Registration of Applicant whose name is not found in the Local Voter’s Registration Database (LVRD), Printed Lists of Voters (PLVs), Printed Lists of Deactivated Voters (PLDVs);
- Affidavit under Oath of the Voter’s Identification; and,
- OVF form 1-B – Application for Transfer from Post to Philippine Municipality/City/District.
These application forms may also be downloaded from the COMELEC Website, www.comelec.gov.ph, to be printed in a long bond paper (preferably substance 20/70 gsm).
The applicant shall fill-out only one (1) copy of the prescribed application form for registration.
The applicant may also access the Online Application Form (OAF) from the COMELEC Website, electronically fill-out the appropriate form, and print one (1) copy of the same for submission to the EO.
For overseas voters applying for transfer of registration record from post abroad to the Philippines, one (1) copy of OVF 1-B shall also be accomplished.
Leave a Reply