Are you looking to be part of the country’s police force? If so, then this might be your chance! The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) approves the recruitment of 10,000 police officers nationwide.
As per the announcement, they have approved the recruitment of 10,000 Patrolmen and Patrolwomen via the Resolution No. 2019-707, dated last September 13, 2019; this is a bid to address the Philippines’ insurgency woes and to support personnel build-up programs.
Recruitment of 10,000 police officers
Rogelio T. Casurao, NAPOLCOM Vice-Chairman and Executive said that for the year 2019, the PNP will be recruiting a total of 7,895 new police officers for distribution to PNP Mobile Forces under the 17 Police Regional Offices in the whole country.
On the other hand, the remaining 2,105 recruits would be distributed to selected National Support Units (NSUs) and other regional offices and agencies of the PNP.
Quota distribution of the recruits
As per the PNP, the distribution of the 7,895 police officers would be as follows:
- Police Regional Office 1 (PRO 1) – 450 units
- Police Regional Office 2 (PRO 2) – 350 units
- Police Regional Office 3 (PRO 3) – 300 units
- Police Regional Office 4A (PRO 4A) – 295 units
- Police Regional Office 4B (PRO 4B) – 600 units
- Police Regional Office 5 (PRO 5) – 750 units
- Police Regional Office 6 (PRO 6) – 400 units
- Police Regional Office 7 (PRO 7) – 300 units
- Police Regional Office 8 (PRO 8) – 450 units
- Police Regional Office 9 (PRO 9) – 350 units
- Police Regional Office 10 (PRO 10) – 700 units
- Police Regional Office 11 (PRO 11) – 400 units
- Police Regional Office 12 (PRO 12) – 350 units
- Police Regional Office 13 (PRO 13) – 500 units
- Police Regional Office COR (PRO COR) – 600 units
- Police Regional Office ARMM (PRO ARMM) – 800 units
- National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) – 300 units
The remaining 2,105 recruits would be distributed in the following NSUs and other offices; they are as follows:
- Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG) – 100 units
- Anti- Kidnapping Group (AKG) – 50 units
- Aviation Security Group (AVSEGROUP) – 200 units
- Communications and Electronics Service (CES) 50 units
- Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) – 300 units
- Crime Laboratory (CL) – 250 units
- Drug Enforcement Group (DEG) – 200 units
- Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management/Women and Children’s Protection Center (DIDM/WCPC) – 80 units
- Explosive Ordinance Disposal/K9 Group (EOD/K9) – 75 units
- Health Service (HS) – 100 units
- Headquarters Support Service (HSS)/PNP BAND – 200 units
- Intelligence Group (IG) – 100 units
- Information Technology Management Service (ITMS) – 50 units
- Logistics Support Service (LSS) – 50 units
- Maritime Group (MG) – 75 units
- Training Service (TS) – 100 units
- Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG) – 75 units
- Police Retirement Benefits Service (PRBS) – 50 units
With this, Casurao mentioned that PNP Office Chiefs, units, and members of the screening and selection committees, which include the head and members of the Secretariat, would be given a requirement to ensure strict compliance with the procedures of recruitment; more so, to be given the guarantee that the best and most qualified police personnel would be appointed.
What is the procedure in applying in NAPOLCOM?
Are you a new applicant? Don’t you have an idea on how you can apply to the PNP? We got you! In fact, we were able to publish A guide in using the PNP Online Recruitment Application System (ORAS); it’s a detailed guide so should you require to know all information about it, just click on the link.
But don’t sweat, we were able to manage and summarize the procedure for you:
- You should be eligible in terms of the qualifications on being a police officer (you can check the specifics of it in the article we provided);
- Access the PNP ORAS page. Scroll down and you will be able to see the JOIN NOW button;
- It will redirect you to the registration page where you will need to fill out all necessary personal information;
- Hit on SUBMIT after doing so; this will send you a direct confirmation link to the email address you provided;
- Go in your email and confirm the message that NAPOLCOM sent.
- After so, populate the information and attach all the required documentation that would be asked from you. Hit on SAVE once done.
Have you ever gotten clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)? If so, then you might just be looking at almost the same thing.
Many people have thought of being a part of the police force of the country. In fact, some people even go distances just for them to be able to be in the industry.
The PNP is currently in the process of recruiting 10,000 police officers nationwide; if you wish to be part of the police force, this might be the calling you are looking for.