By creating a network among national leaders and deepening their understanding of Japan, the Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) seeks to cultivate future national leaders in Asian and other countries, to contribute to the establishment of friendly relations among various countries, and to improve policy-planning activities.
Hence, the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines is thrilled to announce that applications for the prestigious 2024-2025 Japanese Government (Monkubakagakusho: MEXT) Young Leader’s Scholarship Program are now open! Aspiring young leaders from across the globe are invited to embark on a transformative educational journey in the Land of the Rising Sun!
Who can apply for the scholarship?
Those who are interested must satisfy the following qualifications. One must:
- be Filipino citizen;
- be a Bachelor’s degree holder with excellent academic records:
- be highly proficient in English;
- be under 40 years old;
- be employed with at least 2-5 years of work experience (varies depending on the course).
What are the course programs offered?
Scholars shall be able to study a 1-year master’s degree program, where they can study any of the following fields:
- Public Administration;
- Business Administration.
What are the participating universities/host universities?
Scholars will study in selected and universities in Japan which include the following:
- LAW COURSE- Kyushu University
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION COURSE- Hitotsubashi University
- HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION COURSE- Nagoya University
- SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT COURSE- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS);
- SCHOOL OF LOCAL GOVERNANCE COURSE- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Scholars may enjoy a scholarship package which include:
- Monthly Allowance: JPY 242,000: Php 94,380.
- Traveling Costs: Travelling to and from Japan
- Education Fees- (Entrance examination, matriculation and tuition)
- Accomodations- (Arranged and provided by respective universities)
How to file your application?
As per the embassy, the deadline for submission is set by the recommending authorities for each course. Please direct all inquiries to them as well.
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.