Under the memorandum dated March 04, 2022, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is officially accepting applicants for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Doctor of Medicine program for the second semester, AY 2021-2022 and first semester, AY 2022-2023.
Hence, conforming to the pertinent provisions of Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan” Act.
Read: OWWA Scholarship Program Application 2022
The program will help deserving students pursue medical education and training which will eventually render services in government hospitals in their hometown or in any municipality in their home province.
Additionally, the program will ensure the availability of doctors by providing quality basic, promotive, preventive and curative health care services in every municipality in the country, especially the underserved and geographically disadvantaged areas.
The student financial assistance for the MSRS Program shall include the following:
Read: DOH Midwifery Scholarship Program | Everything You Need to Know!
- Free tuition and other school fees
- Allowance for prescribed books, supplies and equipment
- Clothing or uniform allowance
- Allowance for dormitory or boarding house accommodation
- Transportation allowance
- Internship fees
- Medical board review fees
- Licensure fees
- Annual medical insurance
- Other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living expenses
The applicants for the MSRS Program shall possess the following qualifications:
- A Filipino citizen living in the Philippines;
- Graduating student or a graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a Doctor of Medicine degree and currently enrolled in Doctor of Medicine degree, from any HEIs duly recognized by the CHED, including a direct entrant to the integrated liberal arts and medicine (INTARMED) program who satisfactorily completes the first two (2) years of the program: provided, that deserving incoming second-year medical students and those in the higher year levels of the Doctor of Medicine program shall also be covered, as long as they have complied with the academic requirements and retention policies of the school in the past terms preceding their scholarship application;
- Passed the entrance examinations and complied with other related requirements for admission into a Doctor of Medicine degree in the chosen SUCs/PHEIs where the scholar intends to enroll or is currently enrolled.
- Obtained a National Medical Admission test score mandated by CHED and required by the educational institution where the student intends to enroll in.
|Region||Name of Higher Education Institutions||Type|
|1||Mariano Marcos State University||SUC|
|University of Northern Philippines||SUC|
|2||Cagayan State Univeristy||SUC|
|3||Angeles University Foundation||Private|
|4||Adventist University of the Philippines||Private|
|De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute||Private|
|6||West Visayas State University||SUC|
|Central Philippine University||Private|
|University of St. La Salle||Private|
|8||Cebu Normal University-Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center||SUC|
|9||University of the Philippines School of Health Sciences||SUC|
|10||Western Mindanao State University||SUC|
|11||Mindanao State University – Iligan||SUC|
|University of Southeastern Philippines||SUC|
|Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.||Private|
|Brokenshire College, Inc.||Private|
|12||Mindanao State University – General Santos||SUC|
|NCR||University of the Philippines Manila||SUC|
The student will lose the scholarship under the following circumstances:
- Accepts another scholarship from another government or private entity;
- Fails to meet the academic requirements or to complete the course within the period prescribed by the school he is enrolled in without valid cause;
- Fails to obtain a passing grade in the physician licensure examination within five years from the time he has completed the mandatory internship program;
- Commits gross misconduct.
The scholar is expected to join the public health and medical care system after completing the physician licensing exams and receiving a license to practice, corresponding the stated conditions:
- Serve in a government public health office, government hospital, or any accredited government health facility in his hometown or in any underserved municipality closest to his hometown for at least one year for every scholarship year availed of;
- Render the mandatory return service within six years from the time of passing the licensure examination for those who have availed of a four-year program and seven years for those who have availed of a five-year program.
- A physician who participates in the program but fails or refuses to complete the mandated return service and integration will be charged two times the scholarship amount. A physician’s license will not be renewed if he does not pay the charges, however, this rule does not apply to individuals who have missed the compulsory return service due to a serious sickness.
April 30, 2022 – for the second semester of the academic year 2021-2022.
August 31, 2022 – for the first semester of the academic year 2022-2023.
MARIA THELMA T FERNANDEZ says
Plzzzz…I really want to become a doctor 💚
I’m a 1st year college right now ..but my parents can’t afford my study 😥
My daughter is Suma cumlaude..like to study medicine…I’m OFW….will retire of old age……cannot support now…..any advice
Hadjurea Doton Dicolano says
Good day! Have a great day💖 i wanted to know how can i apply for this scholarship? I am interested thank you. 💖
May Diego Bayon-on says
How to apply po?
Where’s the application form Po?
How to apply in scholarahip po?
Erica Onat says
How to apply medical scholarship program po?
I’m interested, I’m a medical student for 3years i want to continue my study to complete my degree i hope i can avail this program ,i hope you can let me to take this opportunity.
ARJAN FANULAN says
Where do I submit my application form po
Liezel Dela Cruz says
How to apply po please
Angelyn Buladaco says
Greetings! Angelyn is my name. I’m hoping to be accepted for the scholarship since it will allow me to complete my education. I am pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing as a second degree in college. My family can’t afford to send me to school next year owing to financial restraints, so I’m simply looking for your scholarship and hoping to get accepted into this scholarship program. My father is a farmer, whereas my mother is a housewife with a large number of sick in her body . If I were one of the fortunate scholars. I pledge to do my absolute best with all of my abilities and affection. Please accept my apologies and grant me permission. I’m hoping you’ll give my request some thought. Thank you so much for everything. Have a nice day!❤️
Carlo luis santos says
Can one apply as a part time? student, not full time because im working but willing to finish the scholarship.
yizhien bariquit ceniza says
This scholar is desperately needed by me. I’m hoping I’ll be able to pass this and be accepted.
Jillianne Mae Poliquit says
How to apply for the scholarship?
Leah Tañola Dominguez says
How can we avail this?
Where to submit my application po?
How to apply po?
Cessna Chloe Dalano says
How to apply for this? Thank you.
Rahima Eskak says
I am willing to be part of this scholarship, how to apply? Thanks.
How can I apply po?
Kristine Joy Peje says
Im glady want to join here , because this scholar will help me achieve my dream to become a great doctor someday.. How i wish i can pass this and get accepted.
Rosemarie A.Gonzalo says
Hello ma’am/sir I want to be one of your beneficiary on your scholarship program.Thank You
How can we apply for this?
Mikaela Mae Amor Sanchez says
I would love to apply