Welcome to the Fullbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program for the fiscal year 2023-2024! Fullbright Philippines is delighted to announce that applications for this prestigious program are now open.
This initiative fosters academic exchange and collaboration between the United States and ASEAN countries, promoting mutual understanding and knowledge sharing.
If you are a scholar seeking an enriching experience in the fields of Education, Financial Market Integration, Food Technology, Information Sciences, Journalism, Law, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Statistics, Trade and Investment, and Trade Facilitation, seize this opportunity to apply and embark on a transformative journey.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
To be consdered in the scholarship, one must be:
- be a university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in the private sector, think tanks and other NGOs whose work focuses on U.S.-ASEAN issues.
- have significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment.
- be a Filipino citizen.
- be proficient in English.
- be residing in the Philippines throughout the nomination and selection process.
- be able to demonstrate commitment to return to the Philippines upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Note: Applicants who are currently teaching, studying, conducting research in the U.S., or have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years are ineligible to join. Those who have been to the U.S. as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years are also ineligible to join.
- 2024-2025 Japanese Government (Monkubakagakusho: MEXT) Young Leader’s Scholarship Program is now open for application!
What is the scholarship program duration?
Selected Fulbright US ASEAN Visiting Scholars will travel to the United States for a maximum of four months during the first half of 2024 (starting January to March), where they will carry out scholarly and professional research on priority issues to the U.S.-ASEAN relationship and ASEAN.
What are the benefits under thid scholarship?
Scholars will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend between US $2,710 and $3,145/month (PHP 148,291.2- 172,094.4) -depending on the U.S. city.
- A direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket.
- A one-time $1,250 (PHP 68,400) Professional and Settling-in allowance.
- Qualifying university lab and research fees up to $3,000 (PHP 164,160), as necessary.
Note: No dependent support will be available.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
All interested applicants shalll prepare the following documents for submission:
Completed online application form: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2023/
- Make sure to Select/Change Award to Fulbright U.S. ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program on the Award Information portion found on the Country Information tab on your online application page.
- Upload the following documents to the application portal:
- Project statement (three to five pages)
- Curriculum vitae/résumé (up to six pages)
- Letter of invitation (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Letters of recommendation (three are required)
- Scanned copy of NBI Clearance secured not earlier than 6 months prior to application (Country-Specific Materials)
- Scanned copy of transcript of records, official or certified (Supplemental Materials)
- Scanned copy of diploma, certified true copy (Supplemental Materials)
How to file your application?
Interested applicants may directly visit this link to apply https://smpl.is/7fso9.
Source: Fullbright Philippines
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.