The goal of the Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program is to help deserving but poor students who are enrolled in partner schools of the foundation. The award is funded by Security Bank Foundation, and partner schools assist with candidate screening, selection, and performance evaluation.
Do you take interest in applying for the Security Bank Scholarship? Here you go! If you are a dedicated student who is committed to achieving academic excellence, this scholarship opportunity would enable you to pursue your educational goals with greater focus and determination.
Pursuing higher education can be financially challenging, that is why, the Security Bank Scholarship represents an excellent opportunity for you to continue your academic journey without the burden of financial stress.
It’s just impressing how Security Bank’s commitment to supporting education and its efforts to empower young people to achieve their full potential. If you become a recipient of this scholarship, you would be able to focus more on your studies and engage in extracurricular activities without the worry of financial constraints.
Furthermore, if you are particularly interested in the field of finance and banking, Security Bank’s values align with your personal aspirations. You will also be motivated to pursue a career in finance and contribute to the development of the industry in the Philippines. Being awarded this scholarship will enable you to gain valuable experience and knowledge that will be instrumental in achieving your career goals. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Who can apply for the scholarship?
To be considered, applicants must possess the following eligibility criteria specified by the bank:
- Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school;
- Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent;
- No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank;
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity;
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools;
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR;
8 Partner Schools
- Ateneo De Manila University;
- Chiang Kai Shek College;
- De La Salle University- Manila;
- Far Eastern University- Manila;
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila;
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines;
- University of the Philippines- Diliman;
- University of Santo Tomas.
What are the eligible courses?
Scholars shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting bank operations such as Accountancy, Accounting Information System/ Technology, Internal Auditing, Marketing, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics/ Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science/ Technology, Information Systems/ Technology.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
An SB scholar shall be entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he finishes his tertiary course.
- Stipend- Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees- No allotment due to “Free Tuition Law”
- Stipend – Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees– Maximum of Php 100,000 per year.
Note: Financial assistance will be released subject to the maximum amount per year and based on the actual number of months during which the classes are conducted and ongoing.
Non-Monetary Scholarship Benefits
Aside from providing financial assistance, SBFI also extends developmental activities through opportunities for internship, involvement in corporate social responsibility activities, and attendance to learning sessions provided by partner institutions.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
Applicants must prepare the following documents for application and admission to the scholarship, respectively:
- Duly accomplished Online Application Form;
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with Final General Weighted Average (up to latest available quarter grading, if no final GWA);
- Latest Parent/Guardian’s Income Tax Return (for employed) / Certificate of Indigency (for unemployed) / Copy of OFW Employment Contract with Compensation;
- Proof of Admission / Acceptance Letter from any of the 8 Partner Schools;
- Birth Certificate of Scholar;
- Portrait Photo of Scholar.
Upon Admission to the scholarship program:
- Certificate of Enrollment / Registration Card for A.Y. 2023-2024;
- Copy of Good Moral Certificate from the last school attended;
- Copy of school calendar for A.Y. 2023-2024;
- Copy of Security Bank Internal Account Number (IAN) from the branch of account;
- Copy of School Grading System (if the school does not use percentage [%] for grading);
- Copy of Course/Program curriculum;
- Copy of Parent/Guardian’s Government Issued ID (for notary)
- Opening of Applications: May 2, 2023
Deadline of Applications: June 30, 2023
How to file your application?
All interested applicants must apply via this link https://www.securitybank.com/foundation/external-scholarship-program/.
Screening and Selection Process:
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective scholarship coordinators of our partner schools/universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Terms and Conditions:
Here are the terms and conditions indicated by the bank:
- The scholarship assistance commences on the first year of the tertiary course and continues until graduation from the same course;
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/load required by the school for each school term;
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
According to the bank, scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester). The following documents must be submitted for renewal:
- Online Renewal Form;
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term;
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term;
- Assessment of fees;
- Updated grading system from school or university;
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per subject grade requirement);
According to the bank, scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to submit renewal requirements on the date of the deadline;
- Failure to meet general weighted average;
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grade in both academic and non-academic subjects;
- Transferring to another school;
- Shifting to a non-eligible course;
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health);
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant;
- Availment of another scholarship.
Source: Security Bank
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
Arron Angel S. Rosaled says
How to apply?