Way to go, scholarship seekers! Another scholarship opportunity is awaiting you, as the Philippine Coast Guard Foundation, Inc just recently announced in their Facebook account that they are now accepting applications for their scholarship program. Read on to know if you are eligible for the program!
Before that what does PCG do? Similar to coast guard units around the world, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) or the Tanod Baybayin ng Pilipinas in Filipino, is known as the third armed uniformed service of the country, attached to the Philippines’ Department of Transportation.
Its main responsibilities include enforcing laws within Philippine waters, carrying out maritime security operations, protecting life and property at sea, and safeguarding marine environment and resources.
Meanwhile, the PGC scholarship program aims to advance maritime education and foster success in the industry’s newest recruits.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
As specified by the PCG’s announcement, interested applicants must:
- be a legitimate child of an active PCG non-officer;
- be at least a high school graduate or incoming first-year college student;
- have a general weighted average of at least 80% or equivalent;
- be in good health and fit to undergo a college education.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Philippine Coast Guard’s scholars shall received Php 30,000 worth of stipend every semester.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
Interested applicants shall prepare or ready the required documents below:
- fully accomplished application form (download here: shorturl.at/bnstU); or visit PCG’s website here: https://coastguard.gov.ph/.
- recent 2×2 ID picture;
- photocopy of PSA birth certificate;
- photocopy of parents’ marriage contract;
- certified true copy of report card (if available) or the latest grading period report card (final report card to follow).
- CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) AY 2023- 2024 for first semester is now open for applications
How to file your application?
Aforementioned requirements must be submitted on or before May 26, 2023 at: [email protected]. Or they may also be filed personally at any Coast Guard District or Station (application form is available).
Additionally, there will be a qualifying examination to be administered on June 4, 2023 at designated testing areas (such as Coast Guard Districts).
The Philippine Coast Guard noted that the application form is not for sale and no reservation fee is required. Also, incomplete information or requirements will not be processed and erasures, alternations, and insertions must be initialed by the application support person.
Source: Philippine Coast Guard
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
RECHE LAYDA AGUIRRE says
How to apply