The NEC Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization that is committed to enhancing education and promoting social welfare through technology. As part of its mission, the foundation offers scholarships to students who are pursuing higher education in fields related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Its mission is to provide B.S., M.S. and PhD. scholarships to academically deserving and financially needy Filipino students for studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering (major in Computers or Communications) and similar degree programs.
The NEC Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program is designed to support undergraduate and graduate students who are studying in these fields. The program provides financial assistance to help cover tuition, fees, books, and other related expenses. The scholarship amounts vary depending on the student’s level of study and financial need.
In addition to providing financial support, the NEC Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program also offers opportunities for students to gain valuable experience through internships and other career-related activities. The foundation partners with various organizations to provide these opportunities, which help students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen fields.
Why should you trust NEC Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program with your academic aspirations this 2023-2024? Because this is a great opportunity for you who are passionate about STEM fields and want to make a difference in the world! By providing financial support and career opportunities, the program will help you achieve your goals and pursue your dream, as the Foundation will award undergraduate scholarships to students pursuing a Bachelor of Second degree in B.S. in Computer Engineering (BSCoE), B.S. in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE), and B.S. in Computer Science (BSCS).
Who can apply for the scholarship?
To be considered, one must:
- be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- be in need of financial assistance. (Preference will be given to applicants whose gross family income is below P250,000,00 per annum);be more than 22 years old at the time of the award;
- have passed all academic college subject taken with an overall average not lower than 2.00 or its equivalent;
- be in good health and of good moral character;
For non-U.P. Diliman students must be currently enrolled at any NECFI-approved Philippine university or college for Academic Year 2023-2024 in one of the academic programs listed under IA.
For U.P. Diliman students must be at least an incoming 3rd year student in one of the academic programs listed under IA.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
NEC scholars shall be entitled to an enticing scholarship package as follow:
- Tuition and other school fees not exceeding P100,000 per academic year;
- Outright grant for prescribed textbooks and essential school supplies at P6,000.00 per academic year:
- Two (2) economy class round trip per academic year between the permanent residence and place of study, not exceeding P3,000 per year:
- Living allowance of P5,000 per month (including summer session if specified in program of study).
- An awardee shall enroll at any NECFI-approved Philippine university or college. It is the responsibility of the applicant to gain admission into the desired academic degree program (course of study) and academic institution.
- An awardee shall not accept any scholarship or grant, nor shall he/she accept employment without the express written consent of NECFI
- An awardee shall maintain the grade and other requirements of the scholarship for its continuance until the completion of the academic degree program.
- An awardee shall not change his/her academic degree program or his/her college/university during the duration of the scholarship, without the express women consent of NECFI
- An awardee shall comply with the terms of the scholarship agreement to be entered into between the awardee, his/her parents/guardian, and the NEC Foundation.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
Interested applicants must prepare the following documents for submission:
- Application form (NECFI Form 1);
- Two (2) 1”x 1” pictures taken recently (black and white or color) are attached to the first page of the application form;
- Birth Certificate of the applicant;
- Letter of certification from the respective current employer stating the parents’ or guardians’ and other working family members’ annual income; or certification from the BIR for those not required to pay income tax or an affidavit of unemployment;
- Legal documents attending to the unemployment or retirement of the applicant’s parents or guardian, if applicable. For example, GSIS or SSS retirement papers;
- Health certificate (NECFI Form 2) signed by a qualified doctor;
- Sworn Statement of Assets Liabilities and Net Worth of Parents or Guardian (NECFI Form 6);
- Enrollment form the current semester showing being taken;
- Enrollment from the current semester showing being taken;
- Certification from the College Secretary that the applicant has not been adjudged guilty of any offense requiring disciplinary action (NECFI Forms 4);
- College transcript of records or true copy of grades for college subject already taken;
- Three (3) Statement of Instructor (NECFI Form 5). The instructions must be in a subject related to the applicant’s field of specialization.
SELECTION OF AWARDEE:
- The awardee shall be selected based on his/her academic record and financial need;
- The awardee will be notified of his/her selection by letter or e-mail;
- The awardee and his/her parents or guardian shall not sign a scholarship agreement with NECFI.
How to file your application?
To apply, follow the specified procedures by NEC:
- Get a NECFI Application Form from any of the offices listed in Part IIB.
- Fill it up.
- Submit with all required supporting documents to the office of NRC Foundation, Inc or or before May 31, 2023.
Where to get the application forms?
For application forms and additional information on the NECFI Scholarship, email or visit: [email protected], https://www.facebook.com/nec.fi.5439, 8981.8500 Extension 3141, 8925.4895 Directline.
Source: Association of Computer Students BONI Campus
Note: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every articles so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.
Leave a Reply