Buckle up and ready your luggage! The Singapore’s Ministry of Education has opened ASEAN Scholarship for deserving Filipino students who want to pursue their study in the notable “Lion City”-Singapore.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) gives scholarships to brilliant young students from ASEAN and China to study in Singapore.
Students will have the opportunity to widen their horizons while also developing critical life skills such as leadership, communication, and others. They can also contribute to the promotion of goodwill and understanding between young people from various nations and Singapore.
What is ASEAN Scholarship?
This ASEAN Scholarship is for students from the Philippines joining Secondary 3 in selected Singapore secondary schools.
Secondary 3 is normally for students aged 15 to 18, whereas Pre-University is for two-year or three-year studies at junior colleges.
Who are eligible for the ASEAN Scholarship?
Eligible applicants are Filipino nationals who:
- Are born on 2 January 2006 to 1 January 2009 (between 12 and 18 years old)
- Are currently in Grade 9 or above
- Are proficient in English
- Have done consistently well in school examinations
- Have a good record of participation in Co-curricular activities
What are the benefits of ASEAN Scholarship?
The scholarship covers:
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy airfare.
- School fees.
- Examination fees for GCE O-Level and A-Level (once only, as applicable).
- Subsidized medical benefits and insurance cover for accidents.
Duration of the ASEAN scholarship:
The scholarship is:
- Valid for 4 years from Secondary 3 to Pre-University 2, leading to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level certificate or similar qualification.
- Renewed each year based on the scholar’s performance in school.
Step 1: The application started on March, 15 and will be closed on May 13, 2022. Submission of application is online. To apply, click here.
Step 2: On July to August 2022 (tentative) shortlisted candidates will be called to attend selection test and interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed at least 1 week in advance to attend a selection test and interview in Manila.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Step 3: October 2022 (tentative) will be the awarding of scholarship. Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Step 4: End of October 2022 (tentative), the successful candidates are scheduled to fly to Singapore
Note: The system cannot be accessed from 2pm on Saturday, 7 May 2022 to 2pm on Sunday, 8 May 2022.
Source: Ministry of Education, Singapore