Calling the attention of Grade 11 students who want to pursue their college education in the United States, the U.S Embassy in the Philipines is encouraging you to apply for the 2023 College Prep Program.
The College Prep Program prepares highly qualified Filipino high school juniors to apply to colleges and universities in the United States. The College Prep Program is geared towards students who are likely to be awarded financial aid from U.S. colleges and universities, but who lack the financial resources to cover upfront costs.
The program provides mentorship, coaching, and college prep assistance. Activities include SAT and ACT test prep and practice tests, TOEFL and English language test prep, coaching sessions on essay writing, college applications, researching colleges and scholarships, and other college prep advising.
Filipino high school juniors with excellent grades, extracurriculars, leadership potential, and interest in attending college in the United States, are invited to apply for this 18-month program.
Who can apply for the program?
To qualify, a student must be:
- a junior in high school (grade 11 student)
- have an excellent academic transcript
- have a demonstrable family income below PHP 1.25 million a year,
- and submit a complete application.
What are the benefits under the program?
The program provides funding for three types of expenses:
- cohort participation expenses, such as internet needed to participate, and the books used for the book club,
- application expenses, such as application fees and testing fees,
- initial school expenses, such as airfare, textbooks, and visa fees.
Note: Tuition is not covered. The goal of the program is to help competitive students receive admission and full scholarships to U.S. universities. If a student is admitted to a school with a partial scholarship, they will need to pay the difference themselves.
Application Deadline: Complete applications including all supporting documents are due by midnight February 10, 2023.
How to file your application?
For more details and how to file application, interested applicants may apply by visiting the website of U.S Embassy in the Philippines via this link https://educationusaph.org/CollegePrepProgram.
Source: U.S Embassy in the Philippines
- Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program is now open for applications until March 31, 2023
- Foreign Graduate Scholarships in Specialized Priority Fields in Science and Technology
- Japan offers 2024 Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grants until March 1, 2023