A recent announcement was made which told that the Department of Transportation (DOTr) is giving free train rides to students during a selected time period from Mondays until Fridays. If you are not familiar with this, you can check back on what the announcement was and who were qualified for this new mandate.
The free rides, as per the previous announcement, starts today, July the 1st of 2019. In addition to that, we also mentioned that in order for the system to recognize the people eligible from those who are not, they need to be registered.
What the students would need are their school IDs or their school registration forms to register and get their own student passes. Students can click on this link to push through with their registration.
What is the link?
For students to be availed free train rides, they need to register through the link given above. The link would redirect them to some sort of a survey that they need to answer.
In this form, the students need to provide the following:
- Full name
- School they are currently studying
- Student number
- Education level
- Proof of identity (School ID photo)
To add to that, the form will also be asking them what type of rail line they frequently ride in. To give you a brief refresher, the following trains are among the transportation types that would allow free train rides to students: The MRT-3, LRT-2, and the PNR.
Are you a student who frequently rides the trains listed above to go to school? If yes, then in order for us to properly guide you on how the form goes, here are the guidelines set and directed by the DOTr for you to be able to register as a student and be provided with your student pass; this is what you need for you to be granted free train rides on the given days and times of the week.
Do note that students who are currently studying in pursue of a master’s degree or a doctorate’s degree are not part of this implementation by the DOTr. You can learn more about who is included or not in the previous article we’ve posted—we’ve provided a link above.
How can I avail the free train rides by the DOTr?
- Duly fill out the application form via the link provided. If the application form you will be submitting will miss out details, then the application would not be processed.
- Once you see the confirmation of your application, you need to wait for the DOTr’s advice through your email when your student pass is ready and prepared for pick up.
- You still need to bring documents to prove your identity and that you are a student for you to be able to claim your student pass.
- All information that you will be providing in the form will be given with consent as proof of evidence by the uploading of your photo ID and signature. Furthermore, it’s also in pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or the Republic Act (R.A.) 10713—and its provisions.
NOTE: In the email confirmation of when you can pick up your student pass, it will also be indicated there where you can proceed for you to pick it up. So, don’t panic because the turnaround time of the confirmation would usually be around a few days.
It starts today! So if you haven’t registered yet, start now! Click on the link, duly accomplish the form, put in all relevant information and let the rest of the system do all the work. You just have to be patient on when you will receive the confirmation message so don’t fret if you haven’t received it within the 24-hour period of when you filled the form out.
What are you waiting for? Take advantage of the free train rides from the Department of Transportation (DOTr). Unsure of who are part of this mandate by the department? You can read the previous post we’ve made which specifies the qualified students from those who aren’t!