With a 2028 vision, the Corps of Professors, shall evolve into a dynamic group of highly motivated and outstanding military educational leaders with relevant expertise committed to the service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
Hence, driven with a mission of serving the core of professional military educators required by the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
Are you a Master’s Degree holder? Do you want to be a Military Professor? Take an active role in the Armed Forces of the Philippines indicated below:
- Military Officer
- Curriculum Developer
- Test Developer
Priority Fields of Specialization:
The Corps of Professors, AFP is currently looking for applicants with background in the following field of study:
- International Relations
- Asian Studies
- Security Studies
- Information Technology
- Foreign Language (Mandarin, Nihonggo, Bahasa)
- Filipino with good morals
- Between 25 to 35 years old
- Master’s degree holder relevant field of expertise
- Physically and mentally fit
- At least 5 feet in height
- With at least two (2) years teaching experience in tertiary level institution
Opportunities and Benefits:
- To serve the country as an educator through the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Minimum starting pay and allowances of (as Probationary Second Lieutenant) PHP 623,404.00 annually
- Commission as Regular Officer (Captain) within one (1) year, and appointment as Assistant Professor
- Medical and dental benefits for you and your family
- Person and retirement benefits
- Educational benefits (local or abroad)
- Continuous professional advancement
- Housing privileges
Please ready your e-copies (preferably in .pdf format) of four documents which you’ll have to upload at the end of the form including:
- Letter of Intent,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Transcripts of Record, and,
- Proof of Teaching Experience.
How to apply?
- Application and submissions may be done online, you may click through this link (https://bit.ly/CorpsofProfessorsApplicationForm).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in the recruitment/application process
𝟏. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐬?
- Current laws and policies require applicants to satisfy the following mandatory requirements. Applicants must be:
- between 25-35 years old this year,
- a Master’s degree (at least) holder,
- physically and mentally fit,
- at least 5′ in height,
- And s/he has at least two years teaching experience in a tertiary and/or graduate institution.
𝟐. 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬?
- The Corps of Professors prefers applicants with graduate degrees and expertise on the following academic disciplines or fields of specialization: International Relations, Security Studies, (Research) Statistics, Curriculum Studies, Social Sciences (particularly, military history), and Management or Leadership.
𝟑. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲?
- No, a Master’s degree is a mandatory requirement.
𝟒. 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫’𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐎𝐑?
- No, an authenticated copy of the diploma and the Transcript of Records should be secured by the applicant. However, for the initial interview, e-copy of the TOR and diploma will already suffice.
𝟓. 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝟑𝟔 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝. 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲?
- Yes, provided you have prior government service (i.e, plantilla position only; casual, job order, COS not considered).
𝟔. 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞?
- It is preferred that teaching experience be in the tertiary or graduate level and for at least two years. Teaching is both an art and a skill, and the students themselves have varying needs. Different approaches work for adults, especially military personnel.
𝟕. 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲?
- Yes, provided he/she satisfies the rest of the requirements in FAQ Nr 1.
𝟖. 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲?
- Yes, married aspirants are welcome to apply.
𝟗. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐲?
- Physical fitness requirements vary by age and sex. All military personnel are expected to perform push ups, sit ups, and a 3.2 km run, in that order during physical fitness tests. Training yourself in those early on is a good way to prepare.
𝟏𝟎. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭?
- Possible places of assignment are: General Headquarters, AFP (Quezon City); Philippine Military Academy (Baguio City); Training and Doctrine Command, PA (Tarlac); Naval Education, Training and Doctrine Command, PN (Zambales); Air Education, Training and Doctrine Command, PAF (Batangas); and, other education and training units in the AFP.
𝟏𝟏. 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭-𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐛?
- No. An appointment in the military service is a full time job.
𝟏𝟐. 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲?
- Yes, upon completion of the recruitment process, the applicant will be initially appointed as a Probationary Second Lieutenant for one (1) year.
𝟏𝟑. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲?
- The gross annual income of a Probationary Second Lieutenant is PhP623,404.00.
𝟏𝟒. 𝐓𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲?
- Kindly address the letter of intent to:
𝟏𝟓. 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐲?
- At this time, we prefer that all applications and submissions be done online via this link: https://forms.gle/NxN6mr8KaRtAmSQv9.
𝟏𝟔. 𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮?
- You may email to us at [email protected] or call us from 0800 to 1700 (PST) from Mondays to Fridays at +63995 580 9244.