Attention to incoming college students (graduates of Senior High School) of Cagayan De Oro City! CDO City College Scholarships Program is now open for application! Be part of the growing number of Iskolar sa Dakbayan (ISDA) who are now closer to making their dreams come true. See the details below and apply now!
This scheme is part of the administration’s RISE, to improve human development through access to quality education, and through the City College Scholarships Program which birthed the 2018 Scholarship Code to deserving students of Cagayan de Oro.
Who can apply for the scholarships?
Below are the general qualifications interested applicants must meet according to CDO’s scholarships Facebook account:
- Applicant must be a Filipino citizen;
- Applicant is a permanent resident of Cagayan de Oro City;
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis;
- Applicant must be a graduate of Senior High School;
- Applicant must be incoming first year college student by start of
- Applicant must NOT have been enrolled in College;
- Must not exceed gross total family income to 300,000 annually;
- Applicant must not have a sibling or family member that is currently a city scholar.
How will the scholars be evaluated?
The basis of selection will be according to grades, exam, income, leadership and awards.
What are the prioriry courses under the scholarships?
Priority courses include:
- Information Technology
- Social Work
- Business Administration
What are the CDO’s scholarship types?
There are two types of scholarships the CDO is offering which are as follow:
Academic Scholarship– accepted applicants may choose any partner school of choice and course but still subject for evaluation based on the actual ranking of the applicant.
Non-academic Scholarship– accepted applicants may choose any non-board course in a school approved by the City Scholarships Committee
Note: Scholarship type will be based on the applicant’s ranking as determined by the Scholarships Committee.
What are the scholarships’ partner schools?
Here are the CDO’s scholarships partner schools:
1.PHINMA – Cagayan de Oro College
2.) Capitol University
3.) Lourdes College
4.) Pilgrim Christian College
5.) Southern de Oro College
6.) University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines
7.) Xavier University- Ateneo de Cagayan
8.) STI College
9.) Liceo de Cagayan University
10.) Vineyard International Polytechnic College
11.) Golden Heritage Polytechnic College
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Accepted scholars shall be entitled to the following privileges:
- Full tuition and matriculation and other fees
- Monthly stipend
- Holistic Formation
P.S: Holistic Formation is where scholars will go through four (4) formation levels under the Iskolar Leaders Academy (ISLA). The Academy is designed to cater to year-level appropriate interventions to help sustain students in the program.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
Interested applicants must enclosed in a clean long brown envelope the folowing documents, write the applicant’s name, contact number, and online application reference code legibly.
• Photocopy of grades (Grade 12 first semester)
• Photocopy of Birth Certificate
• Certificate of Residency of Applicant indicating specific address in Cagayan de Oro with length of residence
• Residence map with landmark of home address
• Printed photo of residence for validation purposes
• COMELEC Registration Stub/ Voter’s Certificate/ ID of the Applicant or of
• Parent’s Proof of Income (choose whichever is applicable):
If indigent parents
• Barangay Certification indicating source of income of both parents and total family income
• Or BIR Certificate of Tax Exemption for unemployed parents
If employed or self-employed parents, BIR Income Tax Return
• Certificate of Awards and Leadership from the School Head
• Photocopy of PWD ID of the applicant
• Photocopy of 4Ps ID of parents applicant
• Certification of Indigenous People Membership
How to file your application?
Interested applicants must follow the application procedure below:
- APPLY ONLINE (February 06- March 06, 2023)
– Accomplish the application form at: Bit.ly/ISDAApplication2023
– No online application, no exam and no submission of requirements
– Deadline of online application is on March 6, 2023
- ATTEND ONLINE
Attend Online Application Assembly via CDO City Scholarships Office FB Page on March 04, 2023
SUBMISSION OF REQUIREMENTS (March 13 until April 5, 2023)
- Enclosed complete requirements in a clean long brown envelope, indicate applicant’s name, contact number and online application reference code legibly
- Present original copies of documents upon submission
- Deadline of submission of requirements is APRIL 5, 2023
April 25-27- Qualifying Exam for City Proper applicants
April 28- Qualifying Exam for Hinterland applicants
(Schedule of exam and venue will be posted in CDO City Scholarships Office FB Page)
SCREENING AND VALIDATION (for Validators only)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS AND
Check results and Enrolment instructions thru CDO City Scholarships Office FB Page on June 02, 2023
Source: CDO Scholarships Office
- Legal Scholarship Program AY 2022-2023 is now accepting applications until March 18, 2023
- Call for applications: DCWD’s College Scholarship Programs for SY 2023-2024
- The Lao Foundation’s Scholarship Project for SY 2023-2024 is now OPEN for applications!
Babelyn Labusan says