“Everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue what they love doing.” CIMB are committed towards helping young talent in need to realize their dreams.
Going beyond financial support, ASEAN Scholarship programme provides exciting professional development and a mentor support system designed to empower the region’s young talent to turn their lives around and make a difference for those around them.
What is CIMB ASEAN Scholarship?
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a highly selective, full scholarship for exceptional students from ASEAN countries in which CIMB has a presence. They are looking for individuals fuelled to go beyond the ordinary.
In recognizing the evolving nature of the banking industry, CIMB welcomes applicants from a wide variety of academic disciplines. They have previously sponsored applicants studying Computer Science, Data Science and Psychology, apart from degrees traditionally associated with a career in banking such as Accounting, Economics, Finance.
What are the basic eligibilities of CIMB ASEAN Scholarship?
- A citizen of either Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines.
- 27 years old and below.
- Applicants who are about to start their degree or Master’s programme or those who have started with a minimum of one full academic year remaining.
- Min. CGPA of 3.25 or equivalent with excellent academic track record and active in curricular activities.
- Applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship that comes with contractual obligations such as a service bond.
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship will be awarded to eligible students to pursue undergraduate studies in any academic field with any reputable university in the world.
- Career mentoring
Direct access to their friendly team of mentors that coach and support their scholars throughout the programme
- Career experience and opportunities
A chance to launch your career with CIMB. Internships and post-graduation employment opportunities included
- Full scholarship coverage
Their funding includes scholars’ tuition fees, living allowances, insurance and other related fees
- Global networking opportunities
Immerse yourself in CIMB’s ASEAN culture through their regional events. Network with colleagues from across the globe and speak to senior leaders
- CIMB cultural assimilation
Benefit from their integrated development programmes designed to turbocharge your personal and professional skills
What is the coverage of CIMB ASEAN Scholarship?
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees, including registration, examination and tuition fees, as well as living allowance. Other miscellaneous expenses related to airfare, visa/travel documents will also be subsidized.
The assessment process is as follows:
- All applications are screened to ensure that the basic eligibility criteria is fulfilled.
- Shortlisted applicants will meet with a panel of interviewers.
- Shortlisted applicants will participate in their CIMB ASEAN Scholarship Virtual Assessment.
- Shortlisted applicants will undergo a final interview with CIMB Group’s senior management team.
How to apply?
CIMB ASEAN Scholarship 2022 application is now open until May 13, 2022. You may file your application online through this link CIMB ASEAN Scholarship – STUDENTS | CIMB CAREERS.
For further inquiries, you may contact CIMB at [email protected].