Are you one of the underprivileged but deserving students who wants to specialize in the fields of agriculture and fisheries? Landbank Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program’s application is ongoing for the year 2022-2023.
What is Landbank Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program?
Landbank Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program is a scholarship funded by about 8,000 Landbank employees. The program supports young individuals who are taking agriculture-related courses.
What are the Landbank Gawad Patnubay Partner Schools?
The scholarship program is open to agriculture students enrolled in Landbank’s 17 partner state colleges and universities including:
- Benguet State University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Isabela State University
- Central Luzon State University
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)
- Marinduque State College
- Central Bicol State University of Agriculture
- UP Visayas (Mag-ao Campus)
- Negros Oriental State University
- Bohol Island State University
- Visayas State University
- Jose Rizal Memorial State University
- Central Mindanao State University
- University of Southeastern Philippines
- University of Southern Mindanao
- Surigao del Sur State University
- Mindanao State University
E2E Internship Program
Aside from offering educational funding, the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program also has an Education-to-Employment (E2E) internship component. E2E opens opportunities for the scholars to prepare them after graduation, and aims to secure agriculture-related jobs for the scholars at the end of the program.
Upon successful program completion, the scholars will participate in a 10-week intensive internship program composed of three weeks of lectures, seminars, and professional and personality development activities at the LANDBANK Head Office in Manila. Additionally, scholars will experience 7 weeks of field work in LANDBANK or in different partner-institutions.
What are the qualifications for Landbank Gawad Patnubay?
The following may be eligible to apply for the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program:
- Must be Filipino citizens.
- Have gone through initial screening procedures of partner universities (e.g., entrance exams, submission of required documents, and preliminary interviews, which are standard requirements for enrollment).
- Preferably dependents of active members of cooperatives of small farmers and fishers currently being assisted by LANDBANK or LCDFI, or of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) and Agrarian Reform Communities (ARCs).
- Must be students pursing BS Agriculture, BS Fisheries or any agriculture-related disciplines.
- With a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 2.5 or its equivalent in each semester, with no grades lower than 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject.
- Must not be enjoying any other financial assistance, grant, or scholarship from other external sources (e.g., foundations, government and private scholarships, pre-need educational plans).
- Annual total family income must not exceed PHP 300,000.00 as stated in their BIR Income Tax Return (ITR), with exemptions on a case-to-case basis as may be determined by the Selection Committee. For example, parents with six (6) or more children may have an income that could exceed PHP 300,000.00 yet still qualify for the scholarship.
What are the benefits of Landbank Gawad Patnubay?
- 100% subsidy for tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Book allowance
- Research grant/thesis funding
- Licensure review and examination subsidy
- Financial award for honor students from P30,000 to P50,000 cash incentive
- 10-week Education-to-Employment (E2E) program
How to apply?
Students who passed the entrance exams or are currently enrolled in one of the 17 partner schools and taking up an agriculture-related course may submit the application form and all the other requirements to the respective University Student Affairs Office on or before the published deadline.
The application form may be downloaded through this link.
The requirements upon submission are the following:
- Duly filled-out scholarship application form
- Photocopy of the certified true copy of birth certificate PSA certified birth certificate
- Two 2”x 2” ID photos
- Medical certificate
- Photocopy of recent ITR of parents or BIR certificate of tax exemption
- Certified true copy of grades:
For incoming 1st year – secondary student’s permanent records or Form 137 with GWA not lower than 85 or its equivalent and no failing grades in any subject; and supporting document/s stating that the applicant has passed the partner school’s entrance exam.
For incoming 2nd year to 3rd year college – summary of grades with a GWA of 2.5 per semester or its equivalent with no grade below 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject.
- Certificate of good moral character coming from the school or university’s Office of Student Affairs
- One letter of recommendation from a previous teacher/professor
- Current resumé and list of activities, awards, and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- Barangay clearance from the applicant’s home barangay