The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program aims to: provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving students in their third year of college and who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of science and technology; and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources who can steer the country towards national progress.
The good news is the DOST-SEI is now accepting applications for the 2022 Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) via the E-Scholarship Application System!
WHAT ARE THE SCHOLARSHIP PRIVELEGES UNDER THE SCHOLARSHIP?
|A. Regular Academic Year
|Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs)
|₱40,000.00 / year
|₱10,000.00 / year
|Monthly Living Allowance
|₱7,000.00 / month
(for those studying outside of home province)
|1 economy-class roundtrip fare
|Group Health and Accident Insurance
|B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
|Tuition and other school fees
|₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)
|Monthly Living Allowance
|₱7,000.00 / month for two months
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE JLSS Program?
- REGULAR second year college male and female students enrolled in a DOST-SEI priority S&T course at identified universities in the Second Semester of AY 2021-2022. (PRIORITY COURSES AND IDENTIFIED UNIVERSITIES: Undergraduate Scholarships (dost.gov.ph)).
- Must have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark from the First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear term, if enrolled.
- Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
Valid Email Address
You will need a valid email address for logging in to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results. Please check and double check that you enter the correct email address.
- Please make sure that the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Click here to verify.
- To ensure security of your data, you are encouraged to use secured e-mail accounts preferably one that has two-step verification.
- You will be advised on the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Working Mobile Number/s
Please provide a working mobile number by which you can be contacted should there be a need to, relative to your application.
Security of Access Credentials
You will be assigned an Application ID. This, with pertinent personal data, shall serve as your access credential to the JLSS E-Application System. Please keep your access credentials secure.
No to Multiple Accounts!
Do not create multiple accounts. These will cause delay in accessing your application forms.
Stable Internet Connection
When you are ready with all the information you need to fill out your E-Application and the documents that needed to be uploaded, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
WHEN TO APPLY?
|Start of Online Application Period
|9 June 2022
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements
|31 July 2022
|Schedule of Qualifying Examination
|August 27-28, 2022
WHAT ARE THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS TO PREPARE PRIOR TO FILING JLSS-APPLICATION?
|Certificate of Good Moral Character
|1. Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.
2. Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
3. Make sure that each form is signed.
4. Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.
5. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
6. Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
|Certificate of Good Health
|Certificate of Program of Study and Year Level
|Certificate of Residency
|Commitment to Return Service
|Merit/ RA 7687
|Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application
|Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear terms, if enrolled.
|Must be duly signed by the University Registrar/Dean of College
|Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
|1. Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture
2. Must be colored, with white background
3. With the name tag position
at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
4. Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
|Readable copy. May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office
|Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2021 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension
|Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
|Must be submitted if the applicant is not living together with either of the parents
1. Father’s Annual Gross Income
2. Mother’s Annual Gross Income
3. If Legal Guardian is supporting Applicant, Legal Guardian’s Annual Gross Income
4. If family receives contribution from outside source: the giver, the amount of the contribution and the purpose of the contribution
5. If family owns agricultural land: how many hectares
6. If family owns vehicle: type, year and model
- Type: Ex. tricycle, passenger jeep, owner jeep, car, van
- Year and Model: Ex. 2021 Toyota Revo
STEPS IN FILLING OUT THE JLSS E-APPLICATION:
When you have all the necessary documents; completely accomplished and scanned or have pictures of these; and know the above-mentioned information, you are now ready to access the JLSS E-Application.
When filling out the required information, please make sure that the names and the words are spelled correctly.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
|Register. Use a valid e-mail address. An email will be sent to you for verification.
|Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module that can be accessed to the link provided in the email sent to you.
|If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, you can proceed to the next modules:
|Make sure that you have accomplished all the modules completely with true information and correct spellings and uploaded all the required documents before you press the SUBMIT button. You can no longer make any change in the information you provided in your application once submitted.
ISSUANCE OF TEST PERMIT:
The pen and paper examination is scheduled on August 27-28, 2022. The qualified Applicant will be issued a Test Permit where his/her test center and test session and other pertinent information relative to the examination will be indicated. This will be sent to the Applicant’s registered email address sometime on August 17-19, 2022.
ADMISSION OF EXAMINEES ON EXAMINATION DAY:
To be admitted to the testing center, the Examinee must present his/her vaccination card or negative antigen test result, administered within 48 hours before the scheduled examination.
If and when the COVID 19 alert level will be heightened at around the time of the examination per advisory from Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, the conduct of the pen and paper examination may be cancelled. In this event, proper communication will be sent to the Applicant’s registered email address.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFIERS:
Check the SEI website: https://sei.dost.gov.ph for the announcements of the scholarship qualifiers tentatively on November 6, 2022. If you qualify for the scholarship, you will be sent the Notice of Award through your registered email address.