Are you a graduating Senior High School student with excellent academic and co-curricular performance and still looking for a scholarship to fund your college study? Perhaps, you must be the one they are looking for! Apply now as a Security Bank scholar!
What is Security Bank Foundation Scholarship Program?
Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program aims to provide educational assistance to underprivileged but deserving students studying in Security Bank Foundation partner schools. Security Bank Foundation funds the scholarship while partner schools help in the screening and selection of applicants as well as monitoring the performance of the scholars.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
- Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR
What are the eligible courses to take under the scholarship?
Scholarship slots shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting bank operations including:
- Accounting Information System/ Technology,
- Internal Auditing
- Financial Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Management Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Analytics/ Statistics
- Data Science
- Computer Science/ Technology
- Information Systems/ Technology
What are the partner schools of Security Bank Foundation?
8 Partner Schools:
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Each scholar is entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he finishes his tertiary course.
- Stipend – Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – No allotment due to “Free Tuition Law”
- Stipend – Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – Maximum of Php 100,000 per year
Note: Financial assistance will be released subject to the maximum amount per year and based on the actual number of months during which the classes are conducted and ongoing.
Non-Monetary Scholarship Benefits:
- Aside from providing financial assistance, SBFI also extends developmental activities through opportunities for internship, involvement in corporate social responsibility activities, and attendance to learning sessions provided by partner institutions.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
- Online Application Form (bit.ly/ApplySBFIScholarshipNow)
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
- Birth Certificate
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
For Academic Year (AY) 2022 – 2023:
- Opening of Applications: May 16, 2022
- Deadline of Applications: July 15, 2022
How to apply?
Applications are online, you may click through this link External Scholarship Program | Security Bank Philippines to apply.
Source: Security Bank Foundation, Inc.