Are you currently studying an undergraduate degree STEM or business-related programs and an incoming freshman for the next semester? Yet, still seeking for a scholarship to fund your study? Because truth be told, not all families are fortunate enough to aid their children’s financial needs especially in this times of pandemic.
Read: 2022-2023: Landbank Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program for students of Agriculture and Fisheries
However, as quoted by Aboitiz Foundation, “Poverty is not an excuse for failing to get a good education and realize one’s dreams. Our education programs aim to bridge education to employment so that individuals will be empowered to create a better future for themselves and their families. Our social impact is measured not only by the numbers but by the quality of lives changed.” This is in lieu with their corporate social responsibilities (CSR) which caters the education of most deserving students in terms of their financial needs.
Read: Singapore’s Ministry of Education offers ASEAN Scholarship for the Filipino Students
The great news is Aboitiz Foundation recently announced that applications for the Aboitiz College Scholarship Program (ACSP) are already open for school year 2022-2023. The scholarship which started in 2000 has so far assisted nearly a thousand students.
What are the qualifications?
To qualify for the Aboitiz College Scholarship Program 2022-2023, the candidate must meet the following:
- A full-time incoming freshman of an eligible college or university.
- Pursue a degree identified by Aboitiz Foundation.
- Attain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 88% with no failing and incomplete grade
- Not have a failing or incomplete grade.
- Not have any record of any form of disciplinary action.
- Must have completed the online application form and submitted the requirements on time.
Read: PHINMA Scholarship Program SY 2022-2023
What are the degree identified by the Aboitiz Foundation?
- Computer Science
- Communication or Social Sciences (Psychology, Economics, and Political Science)
Read: FULLY FUNDED: Japan opens applications for 2023 MEXT Scholarship Program for Research, Undergraduate, Specialized Training College, and College of Technology
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
- Senior High School Report Card reflecting your third quarter grades or final grades whichever is available
- Recommendation Letter from the School Principal
- Proof of awards and extra-curricular involvement
What are the benefits included?
It provides a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Full tuition fee coverage;
- Monthly allowance;
- Book requirements;
- Transportation needs and;
- Board review fees for degrees that require board exam after graduation.
- The scholarship can be renewed every semester as long as the student maintains the 88% GPA requirement (or its equivalent) and progresses satisfactory.
Read: AY 2021-2022, AY 2022-2023: CHED opens application for Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) Program
SCREENING & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Shortlisted applicants will be advised to undergo a panel interview to be conducted by Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.
- Applicants who passed the interview will take an exam which would be conducted by a third-party provider.
- Successful applicants will be notified via phone or email.
Read: 3rd batch: CHED opens application for SIKAP Scholarship for Master’s and Doctorate Degree
Note: Applicants should fully disclose during the application all active scholarships he/she is enjoying and/or applications for other scholarships he/she is actively pursuing. No scholar shall enjoy two or more scholarships may it be within the group or external except for Academic Scholarships offered by the institution where the scholar is enrolled. Scholars who opt for the scholarship other than the program discussed in this document shall be disqualified for Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.’s Scholarship Program.
Read: Apply now: 2022 CIMB ASEAN Scholarship for undergraduate studies
How to apply?
Source: Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.
Leave a Reply