The world is an ever-evolving global landscape, with cultures, ideas, and opportunities constantly shifting and intertwining. In such a dynamic environment, the importance of international education and cultural exchange cannot be overstated. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD), which is now open for applications for the 2024-2025 academic year, provides a unique opportunity for young scholars to embark on a life-changing journey of academic and personal growth.
Global UGRAD: A Catalyst for Global Citizens
Global UGRAD, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, is a fully-funded undergraduate exchange program that fosters cross-cultural understanding and mutual respect. The program is designed to promote a two-way exchange, with international students coming to the United States and American students heading to partner countries, creating a diverse community of global citizens.
- International School Manila (ISM) Scholarship Program Is Now Open For Applications For SY 2024-2025!
One of the primary benefits of the Global UGRAD program is the academic enrichment it offers to participating students. Scholars are given the opportunity to study at a U.S. university or college for a semester, allowing them to experience a different academic system and gain valuable international perspectives. This experience not only broadens their horizons but also enhances their academic and professional skills.
Beyond the classroom, Global UGRAD scholars immerse themselves in the cultural fabric of the United States. They live with American host families, engage in community service projects, and participate in various cultural and social activities. This immersive experience enables them to gain a deeper understanding of American culture and values, breaking down stereotypes and fostering mutual respect.
- Study Your Master’s Degree In Japan For Free: 2024 Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Program
Participating in the Global UGRAD program opens doors to a global network of peers, mentors, and professionals. Students build lasting relationships with fellow scholars and faculty members, creating connections that transcend borders. These networks can be invaluable in their future academic and career pursuits.
- Apply Now: Thailand Scholarship Program For Bachelor’s Studies For Second Semester Of Academic Year 2023
Perhaps the most profound impact of the Global UGRAD program is the personal growth it fosters. Scholars become more adaptable, open-minded, and confident individuals. They develop problem-solving skills, learn to embrace diversity, and become global citizens who are better equipped to address the world’s challenges.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program offers a unique opportunity for young scholars to expand their horizons, develop a deeper appreciation for different cultures, and prepare for a globalized world. By fostering academic excellence, cultural immersion, global networking, and personal growth, the program equips its participants with the skills and experiences necessary to become global citizens and make a positive impact on the world.
- Apply Now: DOST-SEI Scholarship Program For Master’s And Doctorate Degrees For Second Semester AY 2023-2024
As the application window for the 2024-2025 academic year is now open, aspiring global citizens are encouraged to seize this life-changing opportunity and embark on a journey that will shape their futures and the world. The Global UGRAD program is more than just an exchange program; it is a transformative experience that can set the course for a brighter, more interconnected future.
A varied group of promising student leaders can receive a scholarship from the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) to attend a U.S. college or institution for one semester of non-degree academic study. The United States is funding the program. recruited people from marginalized, non-elite backgrounds who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States, according to the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The successful applicants can anticipate opportunities to advance their professional abilities as well as an in-depth look to American academic institutions, society, and culture.
Every participant will be enrolled in full-time undergraduate courses that are not degree-granting, selected from the current curriculum of their host university. To improve their knowledge of the United States, participants must complete one 3-credit course in U.S. studies. In addition to living on campus with American peers, participants will have to complete 20 hours of community service. In-person end-of-program workshop and virtual arrival orientation are also anticipated.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years of age;
- A citizen of the Philippines, currently residing in the country;
- Completed at least one semester of undergraduate study prior to applying for the Global UGRAD Program;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one year remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
- Not tagged as a “graduating student” of his/her university. The Global UGRAD program cannot be the final academic year of a student’s undergraduate study;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the United States in August or January (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Committed to return to their home country after the completion of the program.
Note: Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents of the U.S., and/or are presently studying in the U.S. are NOT eligible.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
A complete application consists of the following:
- Completed application form available through the online application portal, https://ow.ly/Fhrf50Q28tn
- Personal statement and responses to essay questions (part of the online application)
- Copy of biographic & signature pages of your passport, if available
- Official transcripts for years of university study (with English translations); please provide grade equivalences used by your university
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers/professors: first, second
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report, if available
How to file your application?
For all interested applicants, kindly visit Fulbright Philippines via this LINK.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Source: Fulbright Philippines
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.