In a previous article, we discussed that the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) had somewhat a form of educational assistance to those who need it.
We discussed the requirements and qualifications, and a quick guide on how interested applicants can apply.
However, recently, the DOST made an online portal so it can be easier for applicants to do the application. In this article, we will be giving you the details of what you need to know if you want to apply for the DOST SEI Scholarship online!
What is the DOST SEI Scholarship?
The DOST SEI scholarship is a type of scholarship or educational assistance offered by the DOST. It is awarded to students who plan to take on the field of Science, Technology, and Mathematics.
You can check how you can apply for the scholarship in an article we have posted (if you want to do it traditionally).
But if you want to apply for the DOST SEI scholarship online, here are a few things you need to take note of.
Information you need to prepare
- Personal Information
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Birth place
- Mobile Number
- Email address/es
- Place of residence
- Education Information
- Name of schools
- Addresses of schools
- Year/s attended
- Name of Applicant (w/ relation)
- Highest Educational attainment
- Gross Income
- Other Household Information:
- Electric Consumption for last three (3) months
- Type of ownership of housing unit, monthly rent/amortization
- The size of the acquired agricultural or residential land; and
- Number and the type of acquired vehichles.
- Family data:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Name of Legal Guardian, inclusion to DSWD Listahan 2.0 and Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).
- Financial Contribution – Purpose, frequency and amount of contribution.
Since you are doing the DOST SEI scholarship online application, you might be asked to submit documentation.
Note: You can scan and upload the documents and send it to them via email. You need to use the email you provided in the Personal Information section.
- PSA (previously NSO)-Certified Birth Certificate
- For Working Household Members (any of the following):
- Employment Contract (EC) for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) if the head of the family is working outside the country
- 2018 Income Tax Return (ITR) of the family member who is working
- BIR Certificate of Exemption for ITR Filing or Municipal or Barangay Certificate of Indigency if the head of the family is unemployed; and
- Form W2 if the parents own their own business/es
- Affidavit of guardianship (if living with legal guardian without birth parents)
- Electric Consumption for the previous three (3) months
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) ID (if beneficiary):
- Listahan 2.0
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps)
- Forms C, D, E, F, G, H and I of the Application form
You can check on the different forms via the website of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST website).
How can an aspirant apply for the DOST SEI scholarship online?
If you are thinking that the procedure in applying foe the DOST SEI scholarship online is a hassle and time-consuming, think again.
The steps are easy and frankly self-explanatory. Part of the few reasons why people dislike the idea is because they have informatiom they don’t know.
So, a good tip is to know all information first before you apply. Nevertheless, here are the steps on how you can apply for the DOST SEI scholarship online.
Go to DOST Online Application website https://www.science-scholarships.ph/
- Select S & T Undergraduate Scholarship and fill out the fields of information in the Sign up page.
- Once completed, you will be sent a direct email. This is for verification purposes and a way of the DOST to let you know that they have received your application.
- Hit on the link in the e-mail to complete your application.
- **You may also complete your application by using the Existing User module.
- Duly accomplish the Online Form properly and completely. Ensure that all of your information is correct before submitting your data because it can be a problem if you have incorrect information there.
- Once you’ve submitted, you will be receiving an email that has the list of requirements you need to submit with your accomplished application form.
- Once done, you would have to print the completed Online Form
- Six (6) sheets of 8.5″ x 13″ paper
- Place the printed Online Form together with all the documentary requirements in a long brown envelope.
- Fill-out the detachable label (which can be seen in the brochure) and paste it on the upper left hand corner of the long brown envelope.
- Should you be asked to submit other required documents, upload it and send it to them (Optional).
- Submit your Application Documents to your preferred Application Site (DOST-SEI/ DOST-Regional Office/Provincial Science & Technology Center).
- Note: If you upload your required documents, please bring the original copy for authentication.
- However, if you did not upload it, kindly bring photocopies of the required documents and still the original copy for verification.
- When your application is done and you’re ready for the assessment, you will be given and issued both a Test Permit and a Primer by the designated official in the Application Site of your own choice and convenience.
NOTE: The Test Permit should be brought when you proceed to the site on Testing Day. This is your entry ticket that you have completed the initial steps.
For Applicants evaluated under the Merit Scholarship Program, you will be required to pay the Testing Fee of Php200.00.
Should you have other inquiries with regard to the program, you can shoot them an email at [email protected]
Alternatively, you can contact them at (02) 837-1333/ 839-0083/ 837-2071 local 2382 or via their mobile number at 09278868816.
Do you wish to apply for the DOST SEI scholarship online? You can click here to be redirected.
This is just one of the few ways on how aspiring students looking for educational assistance is benefited by the government.
Do note that the DOST SEI scholarship online application is for applicants who want easier and faster turnaround time. Nevertheless, you can still pursue the traditional method for you to catch everything in one go.
Do you wish to have educational assistance for you or any of your family members? Do you know someone who might need this type of assistance from the government of the Philippines?
What are you waiting for? Spread on the good news and the fact that applicants can register and initiate the DOST SEI scholarship online! It’s hassle-free, and it can be done in the comfort of your own homes!