Because of the enhanced community quarantine set by our dear President Rodrigo Duterte to the entire island of Luzon, thousands of employees were left confused as to how they can earn for the time being.
This sparked a lot of questions and worries for all workers in the region, especially workers in the National Capital Region (NCR). Because of this, several companies like banks, utility companies, and even others like insurance companies, telco companies, and the like announced that they’ll be holding payments from people who owe them.
With this, many government agencies are on the move to provide the financial assistance to workers who have been affected by the sudden spread of the 2019 Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). One of which is the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
Weeks back, the DOLE announced how they will help and assist informal workers who were affected by the quarantine; and this is by giving them temporary jobs while the quarantine is on.
A few days ago, the Labor Department has announced and issued the Department Order No. 209, series of 2020 or more known as the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP).
A P5K salary subsidy from DOLE
In this article, we will help you by giving you a guide on how you can receive your P5K salary subsidy from DOLE. But before that, let us first get to know deeper what the Department Order is.
As per DOLE, this program offers financial assistance to workers of private companies who have been affected by the adaptation of the Flexible Work Arrangement (FWAs) or the temporary closure due to the Coronavirus.
Who is part of this program?
Would you be eligible to get the P5K salary subsidy from DOLE? Who is covered? Well, according to DOLE, this covers:
- Workers who will not receive their salaries;
- Workers with reduced regular wage because of the FWA; and
- Some workers that had their employments put on temporary suspension because of the employer’s decision.
NOTE: Government workers are not part of this program. There might be a different program involved.
How can I apply?
The DOLE also clarified that in terms of submitting the requirements, it will be the company’s responsibility; not the employee. So, you don’t need to haggle for the requirements and you don’t need to prepare it – it’s your company’s responsibility.
Here’s how you can get your P5K salary subsidy from DOLE
So if you are eager to know how you can get your salary subsidy, it’s easy as it can be broken down into the following steps:
- Your company or your employer will be required to submit the following requirements to the Labor Department (DOLE):
- Company payroll for the month before the Flexible Working Arrangements (FWA) implementation or temporary closure; and
- The Establishment Report on the COVID-19 pursuant with the Labor Advisory No. 9, series of 2020.
- Then, your employer will need to submit this application through DOLE’s email, as well as any DOLE Regional Office or any of their field or provincial offices.
- The Labor Department will then work to assess and evaluate the application. It will take the department a total of three (3) working or business days for the evaluation.
- Lastly, DOLE will send and email to the company if the application is approved through the Notice of Approval (NoA) or if they are denied through the Notice of Denial (NoD).
What happens when my employer is approved?
Should you be lucky and your employer is approved, DOLE will then provide one-time financial assistance equal to P5K to the affected workers in a lump sum amount. This is non-conditional and it’s going to be given regardless of the worker’s employment status.
From there, the DOLE Regional Office (RO) will then be issuing the financial support and assistance to the payroll of the beneficiary through bank transfers within two (2) weeks upon the receipt. All workers who were affected can enjoy extra funds while they are not working.
Denial of application
A denial of the application can also happen if a certain applicant is ineligible. The factors in the denial could be:
- Misrepresentation of facts in the application
- Tampered with or falsified documents
What do you think about the P5K salary subsidy from DOLE? Is this enough and sufficient help to workers who have been affected by the Coronavirus? Or should workers receive more than just that?