The Gabay Guro Scholarship Program is an education initiative in the Philippines that provides scholarships and support for teachers and educators.
It is organized by the PLDT-Smart Foundation, and its goal is to uplift the teaching profession by providing various benefits such as scholarships, training, livelihood programs, and more to help improve the lives of teachers.
It aims to recognize and appreciate the hard work and dedication of teachers in shaping the future of the country.
Hence, the PLDT-Smart Foundation Inc. Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023-2024 is now accepting applications.
If you’re looking to embark on a journey towards educational excellence, this program could be the stepping stone you’ve been waiting for. Don’t miss out on the chance to apply and unlock a brighter future!
Who can apply for the scholarship?
All interested students must be:
- be a Filipino Citizen;
- be a FRESHMEN/FIRST YEAR student enrolled in Bachelor in Elementary Education or Bachelor of Secondary Education (must major in English, Science or Mathematics);
- belong to families whose annual gross income is not more than Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (Php 250,000.00);
- have obtained a GENERAL WEIGHTED AVERAGE OF AT LEAST 85% during the last year in high school;
- not be enjoying any other scholarships;
- follow the regular schedule of academic course offering prescribed by the College/University course program until he/she finishes his/her Degree within the allotted time;
- be f GOOD MORAL CHARACTER;
- BE WILLING TO SIGN AN UNDERTAKING TO TEACH IN SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES EQUIVALENT TO THE YEARS AS THE SCHOLARSHIP HAS BEEN GRANTED.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
All interested students must be able to prepare the following documents:
- Application Form (Links vary per school);
- Undertaking Consent Form;
- Applicant’s essay on “My Autobiography”;
- Copy of Grade 11 and 12 Report Card;
- Income Tax Return, Certificate of Indigency, or any proof of income; and
- 2×2 ID Picture
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
Scholars will be receiving the following benefits:
- Tuition Fee;
- Book And Uniform Allowance per year ; and
- Monthly Allowance.
How to file your application?
The partner schools have released different application deadline and guidelines, kindly click this link for more information: https://www.gabayguro.com/pillars-of-learning/scholarships/
Source: PLDT-Smart Foundation
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.