Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) is the first and only chartered and autonomous university funded by a city government. From its first enrollment record of 556 freshman scholars coming from the top ten percent of the graduating classes of Manila’s twenty-nine public high schools, total semestral enrollment has grown to an average of 10,000.
The college has expanded from a single college to twelve colleges, seven graduate, two professional schools, and a score of research and specialized centers, including a teaching hospital, an entrepreneurial center, and an integrated learning center for toddlers.
It maintains a comprehensive distance-education and open university program for thousands of community health workers and public administrators in different regions nationwide, with affiliations and recognition from various national and international organizations and institutions.
The Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila Scholars Foundation, Inc. (PLMSFI) was organized primarily for the following twin purposes and objectives which are to provide student assistance (i.e., grant of scholarship to economically disadvantaged, but deserving students) and help with the development of the spirit of entrepreneurship among students.
Thus, they are inviting qualified undergraduate students of PLM to apply for PLM Scholars Foundatation Inc. Scholarship (PLMSFI). Grab the opportunity now because they will only accept application via email until August 15,2022.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- New second year student applicants are invited to apply.
What are the qualifications?
- At least second year student (new applicants).
- GWA of at least 2.25 (former scholars) or 2.5 (new applicants) in the last preceding semester.
- Not a benificiary of other scholarship programs.
- Not a sibling of a former scholar.
What are the necessary documentary requirements?
FOR FORMER SCHOLARS AND NEW APPLICANTS:
- Filled out PLMSFI scholarship application form (download here: bit.ly/PLMSFIApply)
- Proof of enrollement (current school year)
- Copy of grades of previous school year
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
- Application letter why you are qualified to apply.
- Parent’s or guardian’s latest Income Tax Return.
- Baranggay certification affirming family’s financial incapacity to support applicant’s education.
- 2 pcs. latest passport-size ID photos.
- Location sketch and photo of residence.
What are the priority courses?
- NONE. All undergraduate courses at PLM are accepted.
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
- Fixed annual financial grant.
- Access to scholarship development programs.
1. Students short-listed will be informed of their scheduled interview by phone, email, or PM.
2. Issuance of this preliminary application form does NOT guarantee the award of a scholarship.
3. Submit the filled-up application form and other requirements (scanned copies) to Mr. Rolly Cuico thru email:[email protected] or [email protected]
4. Applicant should at least be in their sophomore year in PLM, with a GWA of not lower than 2.25 for old scholars, and 2.5 for new applicants, in both the 1st and the 2nd semester of the previous academic year.
5. Applicant should not be a beneficiary of other scholarship program.
6. Siblings of incumbent and former PLMSFI scholars are not eligible for scholarship.
7. Answer all questions truthfully and do not leave any portion blank
How to file your application?
All interested applicants may apply via Email. You may send your application to [email protected] or [email protected]
- Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
Source: Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM)
OTHER ONGOING SCHOLARSHIP:
- AY 2021-2022, AY 2022-2023: CHED opens application for Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) Program
- Gold Eagle College Scholarship Grant for STEM AY 2022-2023
- Apply Now: Be a Philippine Science High School scholar for SY 2023-2024
- Hawak Kamay Scholarship SY 2022-2023 for BS in Business Administration, BS in Information Technology and BA in Communication
Leave a Reply