The Department of Transportation (DOTr) in coordination with the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) has recently issued the changes to integrate a cashless toll transaction system throughout the expressways nationwide.
However, the department has reiterated that no RFID-related penalties will be imposed on vehicles only starting on January 11thof next year. With this, motorists have been inquiring regarding the RFID installation sites that will be operating around the clock.
Read: San Miguel Corporation’s Assistance to Frontliners
Options for Walk-In Applicants
As such, here are some of the options of RFID installation sites for applicants who would choose to walk in:
From Mondays ’til Sundays, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Balintawak Toll Plaza (Lanes N05 to N09)
- Balintawak Weighing Station after toll plaza (for Class 2 and 3)
- Tipo Easytrip Tent (All Classes)
- Tarlac Toll Entry Point (All Classes)
From Mondays ’til Saturdays, 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Petron Lakeshore Northbound (Class 1)
- Angeles Easytrip Tent before toll plaza (Class 2 and 3)
- Karuhatan Easytrip Tent before toll plaza (All Classes)
Mondays ’til Saturdays, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Balagtas Toll Plaza Entry (All Classes)
- Petron Marilao (Class 1)
- Petron Bocaue Southbound (Class 1)
- Shell Burol (Class 1)
- Philippine Arena Southbound Entry (All Classes)
Read: The Metro Manila Subway Project to Provide About 60K Jobs to Filipinos
From Mondays ’til Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tabang Customer Service (Class 1)
- San Fernando Customer Service (Class 1)
These are the sites on where you can install the RFID for applicants who would walk-in.
Whereas these are among the RFID installation sites that require an appointment:
From Mondays ’til Sundays from 6 am to 6 pm
- Balintawak Easytrip tent customer service parking area (class 1)
- Mindanao customer service parking area (class 1)
- Marilao toll plaza southbound entry parking area (class 1)
- Santa Rita northbound customer service parking area (class 1)
Mondays ’til Saturdays 6 am to 6 pm (only by appointment)
Read: No Parking, No New Car Bill, Wanted to be Fast Tracked
- NLEX Drive & Dine
From Mondays ’til Sundays 8 am to 5 pm (only by appointment)
- Shell Panapaan – in front of Puregold (class 1)
- Shell Real II – near Maynilad Water (class 1)
In addition to that, you can also choose to proceed to the Shell Talon Uno – beside Robinsons (class 1).
These, on the other hand, are the sites where you can install the RFID for applications that need appointment.
San Miguel Corporation, or SMC tollways, reported that their expressways will start accepting walk-in applicants. But motorists who have secured an appointment online will be their priority.
However, there are toll plazas that require an RFID to gain access to their entry which essentially leads to having an Easytrip tag installed on site. Some of these toll plazas are as follows:
Also Read: You Can Get a Reward For Reporting Corrupt Government Officials, Get Up To P100K
- Karuhatan Interchange (northbound/ southbound)
- Lawang Bato
- Ciudad de Victoria Northbound
- Marilao Northbound
- Rita (northbound/ southbound)
- Pulilan (northbound/ southbound)
- San Simon (northbound/ southbound)
- Mexico Entry
- Dau Interchange (northbound/ southbound)
- Mabiga (northbound/ southbound)
- Concepcion Entry
- San Miguel Entry
- Clark South A and B
- Porac Entry
- Floridablanca Entry
Moreover, the Easytrip and Autosweep RFIDs alike come without any fee or charge, but customers must initially pay an amount of P200 to cover the pre-loaded value of the RFIDs.
Motorists will be able to utilize Autosweep tags in tollways controlled and operated by the San Miguel Corporation (SMC. They’ll be able to use it in the following roads and highways:
Read: Application for the Newest DOLE Camp, Now Open Online
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport Expressway (NAIAX)
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
- Tarlac-La Union-Panganisan Expressway (TPLEX)
- STAR Tollways
Wondering where you can get these Autosweep tags? You can check to get it from the locations on the post by the NLEX Corporation from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Prices and Rates of Autosweep and Easytrip RFID
A lot of people think that the price of the RFIDs you can get for Easytrip and Autosweep is expensive. As of the moment, they’re free of charge.
However, all motorists and customers would need to spend (probably around P200) some money. This is so that they can cover the value of the pre-loaded amount.
Don’t get lost! You can see all the schedules as well as the instalation and registration sites (updated) of the Autosweep RFID by checking the Facebook page of the Toll Regulatory Board. You can click it here.
Read: Cash Assistance for Displaced Workers by Christmas
How do you feel about the different options for the RFID installation sites? Do you think each of these sites will be able to efficiently respond to the demand of motorists? Or should the governing body exert more effort in scattering these to avoid problems, mishaps, and delays?
Let’s wait for news updates regarding the availability and other things to know about the Autosweep and Easytrip RFIDs. Now, let’s just be happy of the RFID installation sites as well as the maximized schedule and hours.
Leave a Reply