With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- International School Manila (ISM) Scholarship Program Is Now Open For Applications For SY 2024-2025!
Germany, renowned for its world-class education system and commitment to academic excellence, has long been a top destination for international students pursuing graduate studies.
In particular, the country offers a wide range of development-related postgraduate courses that are designed to empower students to make a meaningful impact in their respective fields.
One of the key offerings of DAAD is the development-related postgraduate courses. These courses are geared towards students who come from developing countries and are committed to contributing to the development of their home countries.
These courses cover a wide range of subjects, from engineering and natural sciences to social sciences and economics. Graduates from these programs are equipped with the knowledge and skills to drive positive change in their respective fields.
- Study Your Master’s Degree In Japan For Free: 2024 Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Program
Germany’s reputation as a hub for education and research is well-founded. Its universities consistently rank among the best in the world, and they offer a diverse array of programs, conducted in English or German, to cater to international students.
The country’s commitment to research and innovation is reflected in its state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities for practical, hands-on experience. Moreover, Germany’s central location in Europe makes it an ideal base for exploring the continent and networking with peers and professionals.
Benefits of Studying in Germany
High Academic Standards: German universities are known for their rigorous academic standards, ensuring that students receive a top-notch education.
No Tuition Fees: Many public universities in Germany offer tuition-free education, making it an affordable option for international students.
- Apply Now: DOST-SEI Scholarship Program For Master’s And Doctorate Degrees For Second Semester AY 2023-2024
Quality of Life: Germany boasts a high standard of living, with excellent healthcare, public transportation, and a safe environment.
International Community: The country’s diverse student population provides opportunities for cultural exchange and networking.
Work Opportunities: Germany offers excellent post-graduation employment opportunities, especially in fields like engineering and technology.
As the 2024-2025 intake for development-related postgraduate courses in Germany through DAAD is now open for applications, it is an excellent opportunity for aspiring graduate students to further their education in a country known for academic excellence, research, and innovation.
The benefits of studying in Germany, including high academic standards, no tuition fees, and extensive post-graduation opportunities, make it a wise choice for those seeking to make a difference in their home countries and on the global stage.
The DAAD stands as a valuable partner in this endeavor, providing financial and logistical support to help students realize their dreams of studying in Germany.
Don’t miss the chance to embark on a transformative academic journey and be part of a vibrant international community that will shape your future and that of your home country.
Apply for the DAAD development-related postgraduate courses today and take the first step toward a brighter tomorrow.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Duration of the funding:
- 12 to 42 months (dependent on study programme)
What are the benefits under the scholarship?
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- 2023 CHED Scholarship Program For Master’s Degree: Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Postgraduate Scholarship of The Chulabhorn Royal Academy
How to file your application?
The DAAD scholarship application process typically involves a combination of submitting online forms, uploading supporting documents, and, in some cases, participating in interviews. Prospective students must check the specific requirements for their chosen program and follow the instructions carefully.
All interested applicants must visit the official website of DAAD via this LINK and read the announcement comprehensively.
Disclaimer: All of our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We are not directly related to the entities being featured. The source/s are indicated at the end of every article so you can further check the legitimacy of our posts.